Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an 07 FJ in October 2010. Got a great deal on a certified used with 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty from Toyota. I've enjoyed reading posts on here for the past few months, now I'm looking for a little help.

I'm interested in putting on a lift/level kit. I ONLY want to raise the front a few inches to level out the ride. My FJ may go off-road once a year, and that would be extremely mild.

So, what level lift would you recommend? What height (2, 2.5, 3inch)? Is it easy to install (not a mechanic, but common sense)?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help. Loving this site and all the informative posts.

=========
07 FJ - Sun Fusion (or as I call it Pirate Gold for my East Carolina University Pirates!)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i recommend you first checking out the suspension section and reading as there are tons of threads on this topic. This will get you familiar with the options available, and you'll get to read the opinions of many on various setups.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Pirate you sound alot like myself. I wheel very light around home and then a couple days a year I hit Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA with the rest of the FJ Northeasters and have an absolute blast. I still like my paint and the green trails at the Park are more than enough workout for my truck.

I wanted to get rid of the factory rake so I went with a 2inch spacer lift for the front end. The levelling lift was perfect for me. It just looks better with the fender lifted up from the front wheel. I can go to a 285 tire with ease now if I choose too. As of yet this is still my daily driver with a 1.5hr commute, so mpg's are important. I have blacked out the front so far and added a lightbar and 3 Hella's. Just enough to make it stand out from a stocker. I like it and I am sure you will too.

Here is a pic to show you the stance on 265's. This was pre-lightbar and sliders but it will give you an idea of how your rig will sit with a 2in front spacer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
nice looking fj im picking up a silver one monday or teusday and 1st thing im doing is blacking out the front.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
We have a bunch of members of the FJ Northeasters from Long Island. Be sure to drop in and say hi. Easter Run at Rausch Creek is coming in a few months and you don't want to miss wheeling your new FJ with a bunch of other Fjanatics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like there are going to be a couple FJs cruising around Greenville. I just got a TRD '11 yesterday, now to hit the Outer Banks ASAP. :rocker:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts