Matt in Florida
Got me a 2011 fj 4wd

looking fwd to reading more info from here and doing some more upgrades

thanks !

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Beauty! Looks like lots of parts have been blacked out already

will you black out door handle and mirror to match all the other blacked out parts ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beauty! Looks like lots of parts have been blacked out already

will you black out door handle and mirror to match all the other blacked out parts ?
Thanks! I’m really happy with it.
2011 just over 90k
Yeah a little bit has been done from previous owner
I personally like the blacked out look. I was thinking Id do the mirrors and handles to match next.
then some type of front bumper bar/lights set up
Still seeing what’s out there that I like and in budget

And then see what’s next 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks! I’m really happy with it.
2011 just over 90k
Yeah a little bit has been done from previous owner
I personally like the blacked out look. I was thinking Id do the mirrors and handles to match next.
then some type of front bumper bar/lights set up
Still seeing what’s out there that I like and in budget

And then see what’s next 🤷🏼‍♂️
Beauty of the FJ, you can mod it to your liking

good luck

·
Premium Member
16,489 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Banned
890 Posts
The problem with reading is that it leads to wanting and wanting leads to spreadsheets and spending money.....and more reading and more $$ and more reading.....so much fun! Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problem with reading is that it leads to wanting and wanting leads to spreadsheets and spending money.....and more reading and more $$ and more reading.....so much fun! Welcome!

Amen to that!
You forgot to mention the part where my wife says. “Do you really need that?” 😂

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Spreadsheets are bad. Because then there is proof of how much spent and what is bought. As I tell my wife, I only bought the GOBI ladder for the FJ. Have spent no other money on it.

Less you know...the better. is the FJ mantra for the spouse :love::p:devilish:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Amen to that!
You forgot to mention the part where my wife says. “Do you really need that?” 😂
I have the oppostie problem. My wife wants bumpers, and winches and lift. None of the things I want. I dont want my FJ to be heavy. I also don't need $20,000 in mods, when I am saving for a 300series LC with the TTV6.

I dont need a lift for my starbuks runs. She wanted a ladder for a year, and finally gave in. We were in MOAB ..and she kept telling me how we need a RTT and Front and rear bumpers like other FJ. We have 0 need for them. SIGH

·
Banned
890 Posts
I have the oppostie problem. My wife wants bumpers, and winches and lift. None of the things I want. I dont want my FJ to be heavy. I also don't need $20,000 in mods, when I am saving for a 300series LC with the TTV6.

I dont need a lift for my starbuks runs. She wanted a ladder for a year, and finally gave in. We were in MOAB ..and she kept telling me how we need a RTT and Front and rear bumpers like other FJ. We have 0 need for them. SIGH
I like her thinking!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts