Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me, but there sure seems to be alot of new members selling items. Their only posts being in the for sale section makes me a little leary.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Actually I don't think it is that odd for new folks to be selling FJ stuff. The FJ has been around long enough now for a fair amount of used ones to be trading hands. Somebody gets a "new to them" FJ, wants to do their own mods and get rid of the stuff the first owner put on.

Now there is still the stigma of member with one post trying to sell items and the scam potential.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from someone selling something on a forum unless I've known them for some time. Even then I a bit leery but that's me.

A good measure of protection would be to do your transactions through PayPal/eBay and the new poster could post that they have x item out on said site for sale.

You can also force all sales to this WTS area and restrict access to the WTS area to members with x posts or more.

But in the end it's still going to be buyer beware. It's up to you to protect yourself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think its pretty tacky to not include photos. Most first time posters just come on and say

"Im selling this and I want this". Only to be followed up by, have any pics. blah blah, Ill email you.

In my mind I just think, I hope you don't make the sale because you sure haven't put the effort into it, you are just a random like all of us in theory and you have done nothing to push the sale. Further more, you refuse to take an extra 5 minutes to take a photo and upload to photobucket and link it. Just think it speaks volumes to me as to how this person will interact within this community but they most likely wont come back. So now how would I feel about buying from them.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I've noticed that to. While on the subject of selling items, is there a way to get rid of the posts where the item has sold or move them to another thread? It would be nice at least when an item is sold that the thread title has the word 'SOLD' in it.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
2 things...

one of the first things in this section of the forum is all about buyer beware. do you're homework and if you aren't comfortable with the sale, don't go through with it. it's that simple.

second, there's nothing for sale in this thread. why the hell is it in this section of the forum. maybe it is better suited under general discussion.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
A wise man once said, "Never buy from someone you can't punch in the face."

·
Registered
485 Posts
i think the forum should implement something like this when you post something in the For Sale forums:

that screenshot is from a photography forum. they also have a feedback section: Texas Photo Forum

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I dont think you should have to wait a month to post on the forum, instead I think you should have to wait a month to post in the for sale section. I know when I joined I had questions right away that I couldn't of gotten answered without posting and if I had to wait a month for those answers it probably would have steered me away from the site

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
While on the subject of selling items, is there a way to get rid of the posts where the item has sold or move them to another thread?
Many people look at the old "for sale" posts to get an idea of pricing.

It would be nice at least when an item is sold that the thread title has the word 'SOLD' in it.
Just ask any moderator and they can edit the title of your thread for you. But we're not likely to spend the time to go over every post in the classifieds to see if it sold, so we rely on the seller/poster to ask. It would be polite for every seller to at least go back and edit their original post to say "SOLD", but not many do.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Ooooh someone gots their tit caught in the wringer.....:)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Ooooh someone gots their tit caught in the wringer.....:)
only place I know of that goes and talks crap about folks behind their back's. I find it a very appropriate name :) Sorry if I don't play that "Homey" ;):wave:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts