Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1879 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,823
Thx guys. Yep, sold the 4runner yesterday, so now the mods can start going on. I took off the pizza cutters from the T4R and put them on here, with some sweet TT rims I picked up from a customer. I also put on my MT sliders.

Looks nice Colin! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Ive been in NM for about a month now and have seen give or take 30 FJs on the road. Literally 28/30 were driven by women! When did that happen? Not trying to offend anyone, nor do I have anything against women driving FJs. I just didnt know that mostly women drive them in NM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825
Down south here in NM, I would say its a 50/50 split. :wave:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I'm surprised that I've only seen 2 lifted FJ's around Rio Rancho besides my own. I was sure NM would be FJ central! :bandit:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I will be back in Albuquerque for Turkey Day! Can't wait, I miss home! ;)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,
I just bought my FJ 3 weeks ago. Before I even bought it I was looking at places to take it and one of the places I found was Bursum Road, heading east from Mogollon, an old Mining town I think.
Mainly I was curious if anyone has been on it and if it's just a dirt road or is it more challenging? (Oh yeah, and how long of a road is it?)
It's a plan that's in the works for spring or summer of 2014 but nothing is concrete yet.
I might be taking the grandson on a camping trip here or down in Texas at the Big Bend National Park. (I hear Black Gap Road is pretty awesome too)
Just wanted to get some feedback if possible and thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,
I just bought my FJ 3 weeks ago. Before I even bought it I was looking at places to take it and one of the places I found was Bursum Road, heading east from Mogollon, an old Mining town I think.
Mainly I was curious if anyone has been on it and if it's just a dirt road or is it more challenging? (Oh yeah, and how long of a road is it?)
It's a plan that's in the works for spring or summer of 2014 but nothing is concrete yet.
I might be taking the grandson on a camping trip here or down in Texas at the Big Bend National Park. (I hear Black Gap Road is pretty awesome too)
Just wanted to get some feedback if possible and thanks in advance :)
Welcome, I live in alamo/cloudcroft area and we do a lot of wheeling over here on a monthly basis, is your FJ stock still? What type of stuff are you looking for? I haven't been on any of those trails that you mentioned, but we are always looking for more stuff.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hi Colin,
Yes, mine is still mostly stock. I'm about to get some new wheels if I can get over the sticker shock, lol. I'm looking at Nitto Trail Grabbers 285/70/17's.
I'm slowly doing some mods with the idea of having some of the more important ones by spring/early summer. The goal is to take my Grandson Camping and wheeling on some easy back roads. (Need to get him used to the beautiful outdoors.)
I had first heard of Mogollon when Colorado and NM had all those rains and flooded out. I had never heard of the "Ghost town" and wanted to check it out. Somewhere I saw that there was an old mining road past it going into the mountains and out to Truth Or Consequences. Somewhere I saw there was some backcountry camping areas and that got me interested. Here's one of the articles from about 10 yrs ago:
The Bursum Road:Southern New Mexico Travel and Tourism Information
I haven't found anything recent anywhere on conditions, etc and had hoped someone in the NM threads had ridden the length of it.
If it's real rough, I might need to do a few more mods before I tackle it.
Looks like this year's trip is going to be Big Bend National Park in West TX. this year, so maybe next year up in NM.

Welcome, I live in alamo/cloudcroft area and we do a lot of wheeling over here on a monthly basis, is your FJ stock still? What type of stuff are you looking for? I haven't been on any of those trails that you mentioned, but we are always looking for more stuff.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,835
Hey everyone!

New FJ owner here! Looking forward to the fun and hoping to go on a few runs at some point.
Congrats on the FJC! Look forward to having you on some of the NM runs. :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,839

·
Registered
147 Posts
any of you 2nd Gen Tacos or Fj People interested in a Stock Headers (yours) + $ for my Aftermarket (doug Thorley Longtubes / URD Maf sensor) ?

also looking for FJ fjammer radio

1821 - 1840 of 1879 Posts