Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I put on a set over 6 months ago, stock size they were way bigger than the stock dunnies, I now run 2 inches of lift and they still look good in there.
wear great, look good, have great grip offroad, are not that noisy. I have not found a reason to complain.
And Tony, Mickey Thompson has had a reputation for great tires for years, I know what you are saying about JC Whitney, but trust me, I have been running MTs for years and years and love them. Never had an issue except that they wear so good, a new pattern comes out and I have to wait, damn long wearing tires. My last set of D1ck Cepek (made by MT) FCII went over 50 thousand.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
I put on a set over 6 months ago, stock size they were way bigger than the stock dunnies, I now run 2 inches of lift and they still look good in there.
wear great, look good, have great grip offroad, are not that noisy. I have not found a reason to complain.
And Tony, Mickey Thompson has had a reputation for great tires for years, I know what you are saying about JC Whitney, but trust me, I have been running MTs for years and years and love them. Never had an issue except that they wear so good, a new pattern comes out and I have to wait, damn long wearing tires. My last set of D1ck Cepek (made by MT) FCII went over 50 thousand.
Thanks for your review Highbeams! You're one of the few who I put faith into when it comes to an honest assessment. ;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
About to order the MTZ 33x12.5x17 and put it on the stock rim, but after some research, I found that I am going to have to use spacers up front so they won't rub. I am just wandering if it would be better to stay with the stock size and forget the spacer???? Or if using spacers is not that big of a problem.

Thanks

61 - 65 of 65 Posts