Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a FJ Cruiser club in the NW where owners get together and do Off road runs? I am new to the FJ scene and new to off roading I would like to join up with a group and learn from the veterans, I am learning a ton from this forum, but I love seeing other rigs and hearing the stories.
thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
^^^ What he said.:) Although I too am patiently waiting for some get together around the Oregon area to get my first taste of Pacific NW wheeling. I would be down for a "Meet and Greet" in the Portland area too. I've been cooped up in Astoria for way too long now.

:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ What he said.:) Although I too am patiently waiting for some get together around the Oregon area to get my first taste of Pacific NW wheeling. I would be down for a "Meet and Greet" in the Portland area too. I've been cooped up in Astoria for way too long now.

:cheers:
nice to meet you Billy my name is Bill also. hope to see you at an outing soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
WELCOME
Nice color choice

Trying to get my rig ready for some wheeling. Christmas honey do's and the stink eye when I wrench are slowing me down.

Maybe after the first of the year we can put together an informal day at TSF.

Larry

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd be down for an Oregon meet and greet. My "off roading" consists of driving to the mountain and the occasional drive onto the beach :) Although I'm looking for good spots to camp this summer on the beach!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know that look well, Larry! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the new incarnation of your rig.

-- Paul
I've put about 100 road miles on and the ride is pretty good. Too much body roll initially so I put the stock rear sway bar back on. Helped a bunch.
The front has some loaner springs until I can get the shocks over to Oregon Motor sports and have them re-valved.
The rear is a mish-mash of stuff,FJ 80 front springs and fox 3" lift shocks from the first build, until the three link is done. Sets about 5" over stock and feels pretty good.
Drive line done tomorrow and then install the compressor for the ARB and ready for TSF.

Larry

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I'm not in the NW ~ but Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've put about 100 road miles on and the ride is pretty good. Too much body roll initially so I put the stock rear sway bar back on. Helped a bunch.
The front has some loaner springs until I can get the shocks over to Oregon Motor sports and have them re-valved.
The rear is a mish-mash of stuff,FJ 80 front springs and fox 3" lift shocks from the first build, until the three link is done. Sets about 5" over stock and feels pretty good.
Drive line done tomorrow and then install the compressor for the ARB and ready for TSF.

Larry
Shibby! I'll bet that tax refund will come in handy. :rofl:

You have a build thread, right? I'm interested in the drive line changes....

-- Paul

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of your welcoming comments it would be great to meet some new faces with cool rigs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I too am interested in a meet and greet or trail run to meet others near Salem. Thx,
Tim

·
Registered
403 Posts
nice to meet you Billy my name is Bill also. hope to see you at an outing soon.
Welcome!
Nice to meet you Bill
Nice to have met you too Billy
I am also Bill (ybongo)
We should start our own "Silly Billy" club:lol:

Seriously, there are lots of clubs around here.
Here's another:
www.cascadecruiser.com
It's the Portland area chapter of the TLCA.
See you on the trails soon-Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts