Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New orders in Australia

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  WyoCruiser 
#1 ·
I thought I might start a page for buyers in Australia to see how many people there are who will order an FJ even before they go on sale?

Well I've just placed an order for my new FJ !!! I've decide to get it in Titanium, but that's about the only decision I had to make so far. The dealer still doesn't have prices on accessories or even what accessories will be availible! Seeing that we are getting a pretty spec up version there's only a couple of things that are on my "must have list".

I first saw the Cruiser when I stopped through Guam whilst diving over seas. The term "it's a real head turner" was very true for me. When I arrived back in Australia I started looking at them and wondered if I could get it imported in right hand drive. But was happily surprised to find Toyota was thinking about releasing them here.

My only wish is that we'll have as many after market accessories as you guys have in the States.

#2 ·
Congrats nimsie, and welcome to the forum!

If you plan on offroading it, try and make sure you get a 4x4 with the rear locker (don't worry about if it has A-TRAC or not, if you have a rear locker, you can add A-TRAC just from buying the 40 dollar switch)

#5 ·
:wave: Welcome and please post pics when your FJ arrives.

#7 ·
Welcome to ALL our friends down under...

#9 ·
Welcome aboard!

#10 ·
I'm still not sure when my girl will be delivered as they are still not released. But I'm hoping after I go away next Friday for work I'll come back with an early christmas present.

Photo's will be taken form the pick up day but after looking at the FJ's here that have 35+" tires and lift kits it may not be so impressive

#11 ·
Nimsie,
I am living in victoria (australia for all the overseas guys) and have been to a few dealers down here and they know the FJ is being released at the end of March, but no one seems to want to a preorder.
My question to the folks that know, what factory accesories are worth the purchase and which are worth going to say ARB for.
I'm thinking the roof rack at a minimum but is it style over function.

thanks for the help

#12 ·
Hi All
Well i have just ordered my new Cruiser,took ages for me to decide on the colour,it was a hard decision but i think the right one for me, i chose Quicksand,i think it will wear well with off road use and it looks good too.
My dealer has said delivery may take up to 3 months because of the problems in Japan at present,i wish them all well,i have waited since March last year so a few more months won't hurt.
If any one has any photos of the 2011 Cruiser in Quicksand i would love to see them,it will help to pass the time until mine arrives,i can't wait until i can finally post pictures of my own,i would like to thank everyone on this forum for the warm welcome i recieved when i first joined and also for the wealth of info you guys share with us newbie's
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

#13 ·
Howdy all, Golly here in Oz Perth, I am so liking the look of the new FJ, and I think White will be the go for me. Cleaning up the Prado GXL now for a trade lmao!, would you believe that. But I think it will be worth it in the long run. Love the Baja style FJ's crusing around at the moment on this forum, awesome machines.:rocker:

#14 ·
Aussie Cruiser nice to see you can wait that long, but the Sandstorm colour is nice.

I was shocked to see a Titanium FJ cruiser driving towards Newcastle on my way home to Port Stephens this afternoon. I had to check I wasn't seeing things. There is only one Dealer out there and I'm the only one to order from them so far. I said a couple of times in myself... "but.. but... but that's my FJ????"

The was a new Land Rover and Hilux plus some thing else. My only thought is that they were testing them all out on Stockton dunes. Not I think about it I should have turned around and chased him down...

The dealer still hasn't comfirmed if he can get the Titanium I ordered from another dealer... It will be a long week

#15 ·
Hi Nimsie
How long has your dealer told you before he can deliver your Cruiser?
My dealer has said it will take approx. 3 months because of Japans problems no matter what colour i would have chosen,sounds like you are expecting yours within a couple of weeks,i hope you are not dissapointed if the dealer is not being totally honest
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

#16 ·
I was expecting mine in the next few weeks if he was able to swap one of his two for Titanium from another dealer. He rang yesterday telling me that everyones holding onto what they have due to Japans troubles.

So now it looks like it will probably be months not weeks as well...

#17 ·
I ordered a Black FJ a month ago, I think I will get one of the first shipments but have not had confirmation yet.

Looking forward to it but the Price is giving me a bit of concern.
On road it's looking like $49,990
and with the Aus to US being approx the same. thats about $20K more.
My trade in is not going to be worth much. 1995 LN106 Dual Cab Hilux. Lots of Mods.

#19 ·
Welcome aboard! We look forward to pics and your postings about your mods!

cheers,

dale

#21 ·
Thanks for that 2010 Army green
I am using the bottom pic already as one of my screensavers, i love the Army Green colour as well,i ordered that colour first then changed my mind,i was worried that it would show up to many scratches when off roading.
I was lucky enough to get another test drive today,my dealer recieved their demo today and they rang me to take another test drive,they are an awesome truck,it will be a long painful wait,i am the 2nd to order an FJ from my dealer.
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

#22 ·
nimsie, tolzero, Golly, Aussie Cruiser, FJ-Paul: Welcome to the forum.

We met several Aussie ladies from the Gold Coast last time we were in Yellowstone National Park. Hope to visit them during your next summer.

We had a 2007 Black Cherry 4x4 auto, just bought our second and love it!

Your adverts for the FJ in Australia 'one way in one way out' are outstanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.