Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi FJ Folks
Picked up my 2013 TT on Friday..Love it. But I am getting the feeling the gas mileage is not in the posted 17/20 range. I wonder if there are any local groups near Staten Island?
I plan mods latter in the spring when I pay for some of the current debt I got into.. My current plans are ARB front bumber with,fog lights, additonal lighting and winch and , ARB back bumber with towing package. ARB snorkel. I assume my gas mileage will go down even more with these but I will live with it. I thought also a set of 4 lights on a light bar on the roof rack would be functional and cool but might be increase noise on the road. Any suggestions about my plans would be greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year to all.
Irv

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Congrats!

More mods=Less MPG
I am getting about 13.5

Hoping we can get our 10% ARB and Snorkel discount code activated again. PM if interested and I will see what I can do.

:wave:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to the gang.... You will find a bunch of great people here to help you with mods. I had a '10 FJ and got well below the manufacturers mileage rating as well. Get a Scangauge and plug and play.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures of your rig if you can!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,957 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Congrats on your new FJ and welcome to the club :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Congrats!

More mods=Less MPG
I am getting about 13.5

Hoping we can get our 10% ARB and Snorkel discount code activated again. PM if interested and I will see what I can do.

:wave:
I now see the same with re gearing... I guess if I wanted efficiency I wouldn't have bought such a sexy box :D

OP just remember the FJ is Smiles per gallon :D :D

Welcome!

:cheers:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi FJ Folks
Picked up my 2013 TT on Friday..Love it. But I am getting the feeling the gas mileage is not in the posted 17/20 range. I wonder if there are any local groups near Staten Island?
I plan mods latter in the spring when I pay for some of the current debt I got into.. My current plans are ARB front bumber with,fog lights, additonal lighting and winch and , ARB back bumber with towing package. ARB snorkel. I assume my gas mileage will go down even more with these but I will live with it. I thought also a set of 4 lights on a light bar on the roof rack would be functional and cool but might be increase noise on the road. Any suggestions about my plans would be greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year to all.
Irv

i am in staten island all the time my fiancee lives there , we can chill any time PM me, we will chat

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Howdy!

After four years, the first one and half years with stock tires, and the remainder with a combo of summer BFG and winter studded tires, I've experience 18.34 MPG during my entire ownership time. Don't know how that works for anyone else, but that has been my experience.

·
Premium Member
16,621 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts