Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I’m a new FJ owner. Mine is a high mileage (258k, but with new engine, transmission and suspension at 200k) a trail Teams.

It’s in quite good condition given the mileage, with some changes needed. Given the cash I had on hand, I’m pretty happy with what I found.. though still nervous with what I’ll find along the way.

in the last couple of weeks, I have had to replace the windshield trim strip which blew off on the freeway; the wiper signal stalk which only worked at high speed; and three of the tire pressure monitors. My local Les Schwab found corrosion in the wheels, so I will be swapping out wheels in the next few weeks. Tires later.

What has been super fun is watching my almost 14-year-old son before madly in love with this beast, and he is already looking forward to inherit the truck from me when he’s ready to drive. I am not sure I will be ready to hand it off to him in a year and a half :)

·
Premium Member
16,490 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
That is a beauty. Welcome. Always nice to see an introduction thread with pictures.

My boys when they are in the 3rd row of my FJ, are always discussing which one will inherit it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a beauty. Welcome. Always nice to see an introduction thread with pictures.

My boys when they are in the 3rd row of my FJ, are always discussing which one will inherit it.
Thanks all! Yeah, until we bought this truck, he wanted to inherit my wife's '06 Sequoia, but .. she'll be able to trade hers in now, I think. It's a young'un, only 170k-ish miles now. Dead reliable.

I have a 31mi commute each way, and probably should have bought the Mazda 3 or Subaru WRX instead, but I've always loved oddish cars. Most recently, a 2006 Chrysler 300C (monster engine, absolutely horrible in slush and snow). I missed a Jeep TJ that I used to have, and when I was looking at vehicles in my price range and found a few FJs, I was pretty well sold on that. Son really nudged me over the edge. It's been fun dad/son time doing some minor repairs and planning some dirt road exploring. he's a mechanically oriented kid (actually he's the one who replaced the turn signal stalk for me, I was inside the house :)), so I can see him running this thing for a long time.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have a 16WRx Limited, bought new. You aren’t missing anything

quality wise it’s 3rd tier, compares to Tier 1 Japanese built Toyota/Lexus products

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,995 Posts
Greetings and congrats on a great FJ! Your son is so clearly in love...so adorable, and yes he will put up an excellent “fight” for “your” FJ 😁

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome from Redmond, WA!

Post some pics in the Iceberg thread (y)

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Welcome from Oregon 🙂

Nice to have a helper!! How far are you from Portland? 😉

1 - 17 of 17 Posts