Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no intensions of buying this truck when i went for the second test drive. I was going to get the black one but decided to get the silver. Its a2008 has Convienence Package and the Off Road Package. Also has auto tranny but this one did not have the running bars as the black one did so i saved $499. I paid $27142 and $1400 for the 7yr warranty. Hope i did not get ripped off.
Sad thing is this FJ may never see the dirt. However after reading the manual it says 4 wheel drive should be operated atleast ten miles per month. This is my 1st 4x4 so i am very novice on when and not when to engage 4wheel drive. The only place around here to 4 wheel are the beaches of Carolina Beach. Hope to have many years of fun with my FJ and here on this board.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are lots of FJ owners on this forum who probably live in your area and can give you a newbie course on offroading.

Just check the forum section showing meet ups in your area.

Even if you don't plan on offroading regularly.....you will be more than thrilled to find out what you new little toy can do IF need be.

Congrats.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:wave::cheers:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome! Just pop it in 4 wheel on a straightaway every now and then. Or when the roads are wet.
Chuck:)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful and grazy world of FJ Cruiser. Congratulations for the new ride, it's an amazing and awesome vehicle. Enjoy the madness of this beautiful FJC jungle. :wave:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome :wave:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome !!!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member