Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted pictures from my adventure in the Members Gallery.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
EJR said:
I posted pictures from my adventure in the Members Gallery.

Thanks for the pics. They do make me concern about how thick the c pillar is and if that will be a issue. Hard to tell untill a test drive.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had trouble downloading the pics, I'll try again tomorrow to repost and make them a little bigger.
Yes, the C post is large.....big blind spot is an understatement. Proper use of both mirrors is a must and seeing out the rear window is almost non-existent. But as you can see, the mirrors are BIG. Bring on the rear sonar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ben said:
Thanks, but what's with all your pics being tiny.
Yeah, where are the real pics? These are just thumbnail teasers! When you click on them the FJ Cruiser Forums watermark covers them up. We need a minimum of 1024x768 :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My wife says the mirrors look like ET's head.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took me all afternoon, but the pics have been reposted BIGGER.
Like the saying goes,"I'd rather be Lucky than Skillfull".

·
Registered
166 Posts
great shots. and wow your bronco looks great as well. my 18 year old daughter has a friend who's father has an old bronco like yours. it's got a 3 on the t, three speed manual with the gear shifter on the steering column. it's been perfectly restored , one owner car. they drive it on the town on weekends and the guys go crazy, over both the girls and the bronco. anyway thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Great shots. More importantly, great timing on your wife's part! WELL DONE!

Now, out with info... did it drive, handle, ride like you expected? Better? Did you absolutely love it? Were there things about it that drove you a little crazy?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I was still too excited about what was happening to be critical.

Everything is right at the drivers hands or reach, Toyota is getting better at this. Even the drink holders (Pancho) were right, unlike the 80 series design. The rear brake lights are a little funky (as you pointed out), but not bad enough to stop me from buying. Rear leg room is OK, tall guys could go on a Road Trip, provided its not cross country. Head room is incredible. Back area folded down will not sleep you, but for carrying stuff, looks A O K. For a "Guys" DD, capable of doing your weekend stuff, its perfect. I'm In, and will probably keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's all I wanted to hear boss. That pretty much confirms it....

One more question, did it seem to have ample power or was it straining to give you more when you asked for it?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You put your foot into it and it scoots!!!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That, my friends, is good news.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, unfortunately, I got caught up in the moment and neglected photos of the interior.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great pics! Very lucky indeed. Cheers to the wife.

Was it an automatic tranny? Please, more details, if you can remember, of the 'ride' and power delivery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great pics EJR I would argue they are the best I have seen yet.
Thanks for thinking of us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts