Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard anything good or bad about this new pro comp 3 inch lift kit? Im trying to find out if it is similar to the old man emu kit in regards to the kits stiffness. It similar to the light medium or heavy ome kit. Thanks

3" 07-08 Toyota FJ Cruiser Comfort Tuned Lift Kit

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I would be very weary of any lift kit that says the word COMFORT that much.

I have not seen any kits out there that are a full suspension swap that have been cheaper than the OME kit. Nor have i seen anyone running this pro comp kit. So, if you want to be the guinea pig and save 200 over the OME or, run the OME kit that has been run by countless forum members and has proven itself.

The only other thing i would run besides the set-up i have now (886/895 with OME shocks) would be adjustable coilovers in the front.

I looked at the kit and there is not enough information to determine how much weight the springs can take. But, logic would say that if it says comfort that much, the springs must be made for light duty. If you have heavy duty springs, the ride will be comfort-less with out weight applied in the form of a winch and/or bumper.
JMO

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just had the Pro comp installed on Friday.

I watched them install. Looked like very good quality springs. 4wheel parts owns Pro Comp. They said it has a small spacer to comepensate for about a 3/16 leveling issue that the OME does not fix. Also the Pro Comp uses the same Monroe shocks and struts as the OME, they just get them from north America vs. shipping from Australia.

I think it is a very solid lift kit.

Here is my rub....A bit taller then I anticipated. I only really wanted a 2" lift to accomodate my new 33" BFGs and keep as low center of gravity as possible. This is the wife's daily driver and do not need her driving a monster truck. Hence I am going back in this week to possibly excahnge for the OME, which is supposed to be a true 2" vs 3" lift.

I think the heavier springs that will go with my ARB bumper/winch may bring the OME to the same height as the Pro Comp. If so, I am not going to swap out for the OME.

My advice is go with OME. I wish I had. This is my wife's car and after the 3" lift and 33 BFGs, it is 4" higher then stock.

There will be settling over the next few months.

I would call Toy Tec, which is what I am going to do, for a recommendation.

If you are considering doing the ARB w/winch, you may want to do all at the same time. Saves about 450.00 from doing separately. They use diff srpings with or without ARB w/winch bumper. Ome 885 without and 886 with.

Hope this is helpful. It has been a process and a bit stressful, tying to balance lift kit and wife's driving it...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Follow up to my earlier message.

Came accross another FJ today in the hood and he has the EMO. My set up was just slightly higher and hard to really notice the differnce.

I drive on the highway today to see a buddy rebuilding his fj40. Everyone thinks I shoudl just leave my FJC with the Pro Comp set up.

I will still call Toy Tech for advice but most likely will stick with Pro Comp.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What were the results? I too have a Pro comp #", sits slightly higher in the front. Waiting for it to settle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts