Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
About freak'n time someone came up with this... I've been thinking about this for years. I know it must be complicated and that's why nobody has done it yet. But, do you have more details... pics, requirements, install, and setup. I'm not going aftermarket EMS anytime soon. But, I am excited about this!!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hey - when do the rest of the guys with 2010+ FJ's get to play? Toyota doesnt have a supercharger for us either...

It probably due to the water bottle placement!:ROFL:

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem with the 2010 applications is the main ECU connector. It is restricted to Toyota only. It will likely come unrestricted someday, but can't wait forever.

We are going to make a universal version of the UCON that will have its own on board wideband O2 drivers and can be wired into anything. That is the next box to be produced.

For the 2009+ Tacoma and the 2010+ FJ/4Runner, I guess we will just have to spend the money to have that connector reproduced by some other company so we can get that market covered properly as well.

The prototype supercharger we have for the 2010 continues to really impress us as we continue to road test it. There has not been one single glitch at all. Just a few more changes needed for a full production run and we will be doing that very soon.

G

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Cant wait to see it. Are the stock internals up to the task? I know the FJ's motors are supposed to be sleeved but that also makes it impossible to add displacement (at least what one website said).

Im assuming the superchargers provide more low end torque for crawling. Not looking for high speed desert runs (although beating a civic at a stop light might be entertaining...)

Joined your email list so I can be updated on your progress. Looking forward to it!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Are the stock internals up to the task? I know the FJ's motors are supposed to be sleeved but that also makes it impossible to add displacement (at least what one website said).
What is your target you are shooting for? 1gr can make quite a bit before needing to bore out and resleeve the block for larger displacement.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Subscribed!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts