Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gadget is in the process of moving buildings right now. Not on the board to answer questions lately.

I just ordered the UCON for my FJC. It is shipping within 2 weeks.
About how much $?

What improvement is expected with a TRD blower and factory flash?

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
About how much $?

What improvement is expected with a TRD blower and factory flash?
~$1,500 (that comes with new t-stat and cam gears)

I think the improvement will be based on other modifications. I have a CAI, LT headers, y-pipe, cat back exhaust and a smaller diameter pully. The UCON will arrive pre-tuned for those modifications and adapt over time. Regardless of additional mods beyond the TRD SC, I imagine that the UCON will come with a more agressive tune.

I may dyno mine and let you know...thinking of, I may go dyno it now to see the before and after.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I found a dyno place 15 min south of me. I may try to go in the next couple of weeks. The problem is that they are not open on the weekends and close at 5:30pm.

I may have to take a REALLY long lunch break. It is $90 for the dyno and $66 per hour if you have the tech do any tuning.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
i have an itch all of a sudden!

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
UCON EMS is listed on URDs web site! :rocker:
UCON-EMS Advanced Engine Management for Toyota 1GR-FE 4.0L V6

$1495.

I want one of these, but pulling the SC and installing the cam gears scares me. :scared:

Ryan, did you install your cam gears?

Its easy to do, but a bit of a pain. Hopefully Gadget put together better directions for the cam gear install than APR. APR would have had me turning the crank forever until the marks matched up. Did it for 30 minutes and then realized that all you need to do is mark the chain and make sure the new gears are installed correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Its easy to do, but a bit of a pain. Hopefully Gadget put together better directions for the cam gear install than APR. APR would have had me turning the crank forever until the marks matched up. Did it for 30 minutes and then realized that all you need to do is mark the chain and make sure the new gears are installed correctly.
Haha, my guy did the exact same thing. He did not realize what they were trying to do until he had cranked the sob forever!!!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
So this will work on non s/c applications too?
Expected gains under this condition?
I have the gears already, does this have an affect on the pricing.
Do you have tunes for non s/c applications, with a menu list of cai/ exhaust etc?

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
So this will work on non s/c applications too?
Expected gains under this condition?
I have the gears already, does this have an affect on the pricing. Do you have tunes for non s/c applications, with a menu list of cai/ exhaust etc?
I'm going to call gadget this week Don and find out. I'd be in the same boat as you and don't need the gears and thermostat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys, I got mine delivered a week ago. I have a non SC and I think Gadget already programmed it for my CAI and Catback exhaust. I can't wait to install and see what gins I'll get. However, like some here, I am scare to get in the engine to install the gears. Please give us feedback guys.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Hey guys, I got mine delivered a week ago. I have a non SC and I think Gadget already programmed it for my CAI and Catback exhaust. I can't wait to install and see what gins I'll get. However, like some here, I am scare to get in the engine to install the gears. Please give us feedback guys.
The instructions are straight forward, but require quite a bit of cranking to get everything to line up.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts