Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YOU CAN NOW ORDER THESE A-PILLAR PODS WITH HERTZ SPEAKERS
Wicked C.A.S.*::*Speaker Pods*::*Toyota - FJ A-Pillar 3-Way Pods

We are very excited about these pods! We had a lot of inquiries to make these available and we have now finally found a way to make them.

Pods will be sold on our website and can also be ordered by phone.

UPDATED 2/16/09
NO MORE CORE FEE WE NOW HAVE THESE IN FIBERGLASS
AND THEY ARE ONLY $249.95 REDUCING THE PRICE FROM $269.95 + CORE FEE. To ONLY $249.95 and you get to keep your stock a-pillars.

Wicked C.A.S.*::*Speaker PODS*::*Toyota - FJ A-pillar 3 way Pods
You can also order the pods with speakers on our website. We have JL AUDIO XR653Cs and FOCAL K2 3-Ways available. Just simply choose your option in the option box below. You are welcome to call us and have them custom made for your own speakers you may already have; if this is the case you will need to send us your speakers (just the 4" and the Tweeters as we do not need the 6.5" or the mid bass driver).
If you want to keep your A-pillars and you want a set of modified pods, just select the option that says "pods + Core charge." This will get you a set of pods and you do not need to send us yours.

UPDATE 2/16/09
NO LONGER WAIT WE NOW HAVE FIBERGLASS A-PILLARS
AND YOU CAN ORDER THEM WITH SPEAKERS OF YOUR CHOICE IN OUR WEBSITE. HERTZ SPEAKERS ARE WHAT WE RECOMMEND.

·
Registered
944 Posts
pics aren't showing up

·
Registered
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nazar - just PM'd you before I found this thread.

Question: I have airbags behind the A-Pillars. How does this affect them and can I do this even w/ the airbags there?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The air bags are only labled on the A-Pillar. If you take off the cover, you'll see that the airbag is actually above the window. I dont think these speakers would provide any issue.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Nazar,

I'm interested in a set of pillars that would fit my Dynaudio 360s. Would I have to send my speakers in for that?

Also, are all the pillars colors the same for all FJ's? I have a Trail Teams FJ and would hate to receive new pillars that don't match.

Thanks.

PS. What is the maximum depth for the speakers. I was just wondering if there is enough depth for the Dynaudios.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nazar,

I'm interested in a set of pillars that would fit my Dynaudio 360s. Would I have to send my speakers in for that?

Also, are all the pillars colors the same for all FJ's? I have a Trail Teams FJ and would hate to receive new pillars that don't match.

Thanks.

PS. What is the maximum depth for the speakers. I was just wondering if there is enough depth for the Dynaudios.
Yes I will need you to send me the speakers. I can pretty much make it work for any 4".

Make sure your set is a 3 way and the pillar speakers are 4" anmd tweeter.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Here are the speakers that I want to install. Will these work?

The MD 140 is listed as a 3" soft dome midrange: Overall dimension 121x66 mm
The MD 100 is listed as a 1.1 soft dome tweeter: Overall dimension 62.2x43 mm

System 360
Three-way; set includes MW 170 8“ MSP one-piece cone woofer with 3“ aluminum voice coil, MD 140 3“ soft dome midrange with 3“
aluminum voice coil, sealed and acoustically damped rear chamber, and MD 100 1.1“ neodymium dual-magnet soft dome tweeter, plus
all hardware, grilles, crossover and accessories.Audiophile quality crossover (X 360) is adjustable for three different tweeter operational
modes. Phase correct, shallow slope crossover. Die-cast basket. Frequency response: 40 Hz - 25 kHz; 92 dB sens. 200 watts continous.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the speakers that I want to install. Will these work?

The MD 140 is listed as a 3" soft dome midrange: Overall dimension 121x66 mm
The MD 100 is listed as a 1.1 soft dome tweeter: Overall dimension 62.2x43 mm

System 360
Three-way; set includes MW 170 8“ MSP one-piece cone woofer with 3“ aluminum voice coil, MD 140 3“ soft dome midrange with 3“
aluminum voice coil, sealed and acoustically damped rear chamber, and MD 100 1.1“ neodymium dual-magnet soft dome tweeter, plus
all hardware, grilles, crossover and accessories.Audiophile quality crossover (X 360) is adjustable for three different tweeter operational
modes. Phase correct, shallow slope crossover. Die-cast basket. Frequency response: 40 Hz - 25 kHz; 92 dB sens. 200 watts continous.

That should work, I need the Speakers. Not the 8" just the Tweeters and the 3"

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Thanks. I'll give you guys a call later and get the details.

It's difficult for me to tell from the pictures, but the FJ a-pillars are aimed towards the window. Does your a-pillar mod compensate and aim the speakers towards the listeners for better imaging and sound?

Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
GOOD NEWS, We are working on haveing a Mold made for these A-Pillars. You will also be able to order them with HERTZ Speakers on our online store. Pricing will come down a bit and it will eliminate the core fee.

We will be stocking the HERTZ ENERGY and Hi-Energy 3 Way Systems.
6-4-Tweeter. Or 8-4-Tweeter 3 way systems. We will also have their Dome Midrange in stock soon.

Wicked C.A.S. :: Speaker Pods :: Toyota - FJ A-Pillar 3-Way Pods

·
Registered
66 Posts
would the fiberglass pillars hold a DLS UP2.5 mid-range with no issues? specs are below:

ULTIMATE series midrange speaker UP2,5 / UP2,5i is a 63 mm (2,5") mid-dome with neodymium magnet but without chamber. The speaker does not require any box.

UP2,5 is included in the ULTIMATE UP35 andUP2,5i in the UP36i 3-way kit but can also be bought as separate units.
Extra grille with different design is included.

Specifications
Impedance 4 ohm
Power handling capacity 90 W RMS
Max power handling capacity 160 W
Frequency range 400 - 8000 Hz
Fs - Resonant frequency 490 Hz
Voice coil 52 mm / 2" Aluminium flat wire, 6 mm
Sensitivity 91 dB (1W/1m)
Magnet size 65 mm (2,56")
Mounting hole 82 mm (3,23")
Mounting depth 15 mm ( 0,59")

Outer diameter 100 mm (3,94")

DLS web page here:

DLS - Products

I used your contact page on your web site but have yet to receive an answer; paypal at the ready!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would the fiberglass pillars hold a DLS UP2.5 mid-range with no issues? specs are below:

ULTIMATE series midrange speaker UP2,5 / UP2,5i is a 63 mm (2,5") mid-dome with neodymium magnet but without chamber. The speaker does not require any box.

UP2,5 is included in the ULTIMATE UP35 andUP2,5i in the UP36i 3-way kit but can also be bought as separate units.
Extra grille with different design is included.

Specifications
Impedance 4 ohm
Power handling capacity 90 W RMS
Max power handling capacity 160 W
Frequency range 400 - 8000 Hz
Fs - Resonant frequency 490 Hz
Voice coil 52 mm / 2" Aluminium flat wire, 6 mm
Sensitivity 91 dB (1W/1m)
Magnet size 65 mm (2,56")
Mounting hole 82 mm (3,23")
Mounting depth 15 mm ( 0,59")

Outer diameter 100 mm (3,94")

DLS web page here:

DLS - Products

I used your contact page on your web site but have yet to receive an answer; paypal at the ready!
They should, Keep in mind they are universal. You will get them unfinished so If you want them to fit perfect you can add a ring or recess them any which way you want but Most of the work is done. Unless you want to send me your speakers and I will finish the pods for you for a nother $120

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do these come pre painted to match the factory pillars?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts