Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
someone posted this a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering if anybody bought this yet. Cause if it works out good! (beam pattern, overall looks, and quality) I will def. buy a set. But I need to know about the beam pattern. That to me makes or breaks the deal.

Plus I don't know if I missed it or what but what kind of halogen bulbs does it take?

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Looks pretty good, but I'm a little wary of a new product like this (and someone that gives their location as USA, United States).

If they are a good, quality set of lights, they would be worth the $300 with the halo lights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They look pretty good.. I would be interested if the beam quality is good and if they are both low beam and high beam.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ad doesn't mention what bulb it uses. It did mention that it was an Eagle Eyes product. I found an automotive light company in Taiwan of the same name Eagle Eyes Traffic Ind. Co., Ltd. - Taiwan,Asia,Manufacturer of Lamps,Lights,Auto Lamp,auto lamps,auto parts,fog lamps,automobile,triangle,park lamp,side marker lamp,warning triangle,traffic,replacement,accessories,performance,head,headlamp,rear,tail They don't show FJ products on their site, so no specs available yet. I'm happy with Silverstar Ultras and my new SwissArmySuv bumper Hellas for light coverage. I might consider these if the quality was good and they illuminate as well as what I've got. At the very least it's nice to see new products coming out. Like the IPCW LED tail lights. Maybe a competitor will come out with something even better. I would really like to see a lower profile LED tailight, maybe the IPCW tail lights will encourage another company to offer an alternative. This goes for the headlights as well. If these aren't very good at least they may stimulate some competition. Now all we have to do is find some fool to be the test case. There are at least a half a dozen crazy people on this forum who will buy anything new and different. I think all we have to do is sit back and wait for the reports to hit the active topics section.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a set of Black Magics on my Tacoma for a while. Good lights! The black headlights would look good with your blacked out set up and save you pulling the covers at night or putting up with reduced lighting from keeping the tinted covers on. I keep almost buying the same tail lights you have. I want them, but I just know that if I pull the trigger some other company will produce some I like better and introduce them the day after I install mine.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
There are at least a half a dozen crazy people on this forum who will buy anything new and different.
So who you calling crazy!! :rofl: j/k

I was one of the first installing the IPCW LED taillight been running them with no problems. I'm just one of those people that like living on the edge. I would buy these in a heartbeat to try them out but I just dropped a lot on my truck. Sooo, guess I can't be one of the first on this one..

Currently I have the AeroFlow smoke lens they are nice but they do reduce you light output a lot. I would like to have something like this product and put the Aeroflow Clear lens over them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The ad doesn't mention what bulb it uses. It did mention that it was an Eagle Eyes product. I found an automotive light company in Taiwan of the same name Eagle Eyes Traffic Ind. Co., Ltd. - Taiwan,Asia,Manufacturer of Lamps,Lights,Auto Lamp,auto lamps,auto parts,fog lamps,automobile,triangle,park lamp,side marker lamp,warning triangle,traffic,replacement,accessories,performance,head,headlamp,rear,tail They don't show FJ products on their site, so no specs available yet. I'm happy with Silverstar Ultras and my new SwissArmySuv bumper Hellas for light coverage. I might consider these if the quality was good and they illuminate as well as what I've got. At the very least it's nice to see new products coming out. Like the IPCW LED tail lights. Maybe a competitor will come out with something even better. I would really like to see a lower profile LED tailight, maybe the IPCW tail lights will encourage another company to offer an alternative. This goes for the headlights as well. If these aren't very good at least they may stimulate some competition. Now all we have to do is find some fool to be the test case. There are at least a half a dozen crazy people on this forum who will buy anything new and different. I think all we have to do is sit back and wait for the reports to hit the active topics section.
I've purchased after market replacement headlight assemblies labeled "Eagle Eyes" for my old Bronco. The quality was much better than I expected and they held up well over time. The price was very good at about $65 each with the halogen bulb included. They fit perfectly and I had no problems with them. IIRC I bought them from a company called "1001 Headlights" several years ago.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
i did inquire about the bulbs.
here's their response;

"Hi, thanks for asking. These projector use H9 bulbs instead of H4 but it has the converison harness to fit the factory socket. Bulbs are included. "

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
well, ive purchased a pair in the black housing. Im currently doing mods to my fj, and i really like the look of the Halos........My buddy has a set on his and they look bada$$!!! i think its aesthetically pleasing and im looking forward to installing them on the 29th when i get em :)

ill post pics since no one seems to have any on here of the black housing projectors with halos.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those projectors look a little too cheap and ugly!:simmadown: I wouldn't buy them for my FJ. Although if I were to do something to the headlights, I would put some HIDs.:rocker:

·
Registered
320 Posts
i dunno bout cheap and ugly.. they certainly dont look so on my friends.
i wanna black out the front end of my FJ eventually.. and i figured why not go with the projectors? eh... we shall see

1 - 20 of 113 Posts