Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been sitting on this one for a long time. While I was away the FourTreks Video Camcorder mount came in so I had to test it out while unpacking from the summit. :rocker:

Very cool! Fourtreks does great work.

Ellis Precision only manufactures the handle that the Fourtreks mount attaches to, and has no intent to make any of the other parts shown. If you like what Fourtreks has done, BUY IT!

The handle is not the most pleasing thing to look at, and strikes me as a bit chunky. It has grown on me though, as it does mimick the FJ's boxy good looks in design. Any 1.5" diameter Fourtreks split ring product should work on these handles. They also make a camera mount!

Here are some more pics:

The mount may be better suited on the passenger side, for visibility concerns. It would also be unsafe to try to operate the camcorder while driving! Ellis Precision will not be held responsible for any damages or injuries resulting from the use of our products. Please make sure you are comfortable with any mods you perform to your vehicle!

I personally would set up the camera and adjust it to where I wanted it on the passenger side, but I already had the driver's side out for pics. The passenger side would allow me to open my LCD as well (will vary by camera), and I would remove the handle once set up and replace with a socket head cap screw. Ellis Precision can provide the replacement screw if you'd like, as well as anodize any and all of the aluminum parts in your choice of red, black, blue, clear, or yellow gold.

If there is interest I can also look at making an adapter for the original handle design.

I have 8 of these in stock as protos, and they will need to be anodized (approx. two weeks).

Regular Pricing:
$139 per pair in black UV anodize (shipping included)
$129 per pair in any other color or plain black

Thanks!

Joel

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these just bigger than the handles I already have from you?
Not quite...

Basically I designed these to have 1.5" diameter across the radii so they would accept a Fourtreks 1.5" diameter split ring, accepting their videocam mount or still camera mount and more. Leaving them as a 1.5" round bar made them:

A) ugly
B) hard to machine (holding issues on the second op.)

... so I milled flats onto the 1.5" rad on four sides as well.

I am looking at making an adapter so you can mount Fourtreks products on your style of handles. Would you be interested in this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts