Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FJ fanatics!

I have an 07 2wd FJ and my question would be this:

What is the best exhaust option for the FJ.. I'm only in my young years :lol: and I'd like for people to know when the FJ is in the area. Loud exhaust.. best option/idea? Thanks in advance..

And if you could provide a link to a website with what you're suggesting that would be so helpful.

Sincerely,
HSVcruiser

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome... since i'm a more of a sneak up on them kind of guy i'll leave the exhaust suggestion to others... But a K&N CAI will add some rumble to the sound of your rig.

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
Depending on how much money you are looking to spend there are varying levels of "best".
If i remember correctly, the FJ already has 2.5" pipe all the way back.
Cutting in a muffler would be your cheapest way.
Something like a Flowmaster 40 series (Super 40/44 seem to be popular) would give you a very nice aggressive rumble and would cost about $70-$80 for the muffler online. Then you would need to check with a local shop and see how much they will charge to weld one in. Or check with your local club/forum members and see if anybody can weld for you.
If you want to go up a few hundred then a catback system would be the next step.
There are tons of threads on here about upgrading exhaust from just switching the muffler all the way to full custom headers back. Might want to take a look through those.
Good luck with your search.
Let us know what you end up getting.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks CMD! Most likely I'll just go the muffler route considering there's a lot of other things I'm about to upgrade on the cruiser. It's going into the shop this weekend for tint this weekend and back to the shop in a couple of weekends to get the front raised to level the whole FJ. I'll post pictures after all of it is underway. :rocker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts