1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
very cool!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

I'd be very interested to see what this snorkel does once in passes through the outer skin of the fender. If it just ends there then I'd say it is rubbish. BUT, if it has a tube running forward and turning inboard at the stock engine compartment opening with a sealed connection to the intake track I'd say this could be a real alternative to the Safari.

By not having two part numbers, for FJs with or without the cyclonic pre-filter, I tend to believe it simply ends at the aft end of the fender well. Could also be sold with both coupler sizes, or they just haven't gotten that far yet.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Interesting... more aerodynamic for sure.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
if it has a tube running forward and turning inboard at the stock engine compartment opening with a sealed connection to the intake track I'd say this could be a real alternative to the Safari.
Very slick!! I'm a noob to the FJ and don't have one . . . yet. Is there enough room under the hood to do what you've stated Apexbasher?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Looks good to me! There is room inside the fender to plumb a tube up to the front and thru the fender. I didn't see the list price?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
On that link it says 105,00€ which comes out to approximately $140.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
By nature snorkels are not that attractive...But I think that this one is pretty ugly. Am I the only one who feels this way??

Doc

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
On that link it says 105,00€ which comes out to approximately $140.
^^^ LOL... thats the cost for the matching paint job....

the snorkel cost 799.99€ :wave:

STILL AWESOME LOOKING... would be great on my wifes SunFusion.... ;)

I already have the safari on my black diamond...

·
Registered
188 Posts
As they say, "beauty is in the eye"...etc..... I think it's kind of cool...if it works, then great!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
It's style and appearance make it nearly the PERFECT reflection of the vehicle it goes on... ask people what they think of the FJ's appearance and you'll get answers like "awesome", "super cool", bad a$$", or you'll get "fugly", "abominable", "eyesore". Very few people sit the fence on the FJ's looks. And I doubt many will sit the fence for this product.

But, for nearly $1000 it had BETTER be a complete system!!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
^^^ LOL... thats the cost for the matching paint job....

the snorkel cost 799.99€ :wave:

STILL AWESOME LOOKING... would be great on my wifes SunFusion.... ;)

I already have the safari on my black diamond...
Oh . . . . So it's roughly $1070. Wow. Well the Safari is certainly more cost effective.

Didn't someone here make their own where it pops out of the fender by the antenna? I thought that had some good potential.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Still Like, just because is does not run the hole length of the fender... ;)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Tally me up on the 'Don't dig it' side.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Wtf is going on with those fender flares?
Well... If one lived in NJ, and ran that lift and tires, you would need to line the wheel wells with some type of flare extension to get through inspection... but I sure as hell would rip it off after inspection tho... LOLOL...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts