Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just took delivery of my 08 FJ on Thursday. Sold my 96 Taco 4x4 for it, but at least the Taco is going to a good home and I get a new toy!

My family have always driven Toyota's. My first car was a used celica. Since graduating college, I've owned a BMW 3 series, a Nissan 350z and took over my dad's 96 Taco that I just sold.

Needless to say, the BMW and the Nissan have gone to the dogs and I am back in the Toyota family 100%

Thus far, a whopping 95 miles driven, the FJ is amazing. I just replaced the stock airfilter with a TRD unit, mainly just so that it can be cleaned after runs if needed.

I'll be ordering All Pro Sliders and armor next week, then once the motor's broke'n in......"A wheel'n I will go"

Anyways, wanted to drop a line and say :wave:

Laters,

John

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What city are u in? Im in Chatsworth if u didnt get.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome John double O-8-7.:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What city are u in? Im in Chatsworth if u didnt get.
I'm In Arcadia.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Yeah, I've always had the mod gene in me, but it's pretty easy to convince the wifey of the importance of $1200 woth of armor on a near $30K truck. I'm also a newb to wheel'n with only about 4 runs under my tires (on the taco), and I'd hate to take the FJ out and bang it up casue I made a mistake. It's not gonna be a mall runner at all, but I'm no fool either.

It'll also be the first time wheel'n a manual. I'm pretty good with a stick, so we'll see how it goes.

My first time out the the new rig will probably be something simple and somplace I'm familiar, either Azusa Canyon (close to me) or Hungry Valley. My buddy, poor soul, just bought a Nissan Xterra, still stuck on Nissans, will probably roll with me. Even though he's a Nismo freak, he's at least a much better wrench than I am.....

Laters,

John

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
welcome bro, save your pennies to get out here to the next summit, the place is amazing and the people are even better. Lookin forward to wheelin wit ya when we get home!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrtas and welcome! you've made a wise decision to buy the fjc.your buddies xterra is a capable rig as well i'm sure you'll have a blast!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. Looking forward to meeting you on the trail.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts