Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im trying to install a new Kenwood DPX308U in my 08 FJC, but i keep reading things on these forums where other double din head units wont fin in the FJ dash. so my question is, do i need brackets to fit my new stereo in the dash? and if so, what kind should i get? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks alot. my fj is going to be so sick! i wanted to get a new head unit for the sound system im putting in. i am installing 2 15" subs in the back. im gona bump in my FJC!!! thanks again

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
You should try 3 10", same amount of cone but it will hit harder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I got the new head unit and the dash kit and they all fit perfectly. I noticed that there are three wire harnesses that connect to the stock radio. I was wondering if i needed an adaptor of some sort to make the connections.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Thanks. I got the new head unit and the dash kit and they all fit perfectly. I noticed that there are three wire harnesses that connect to the stock radio. I was wondering if i needed an adaptor of some sort to make the connections.
You can go to Walmart and buy the cheap one that fits all Toyotas or buy for a few $ more the one with less wires that is only for the FJ

Scosche TA02BCB
or
Metra 70-1761

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The 3rd or wider connector is for the audio steering control buttons (volume, channel and mode-audio source).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts