Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost done, just the small touches to finish up. some cosmetic things... the zapco logos still need to get painted silver. still need to quiet down all the panels, roof, and rear door. i forgot how much noise this car made. and i have a ton of dynamat in it already. need to replace a mid, blew the cone right off the piston. the bass is nasty. notes are extremely defined, energetic as can possibly be, and has a lot of range. i'll let the guys at the kitty trip be the judge on how loud and clean it is. the face on the deck wants to fall off, the wipers jump, and hair gets moving.... oh yea...

enough of that, check it out and let me know what you think.

want to come and get my stereo again? this time my alarm remote is next to my bed, along with this sweet ass piece of steel.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
almost done, just the small touches to finish up. some cosmetic things... the zapco logos still need to get painted silver. still need to quiet down all the panels, roof, and rear door. i forgot how much noise this car made. and i have a ton of dynamat in it already. need to replace a mid, blew the cone right off the piston. the bass is nasty. notes are extremely defined, energetic as can possibly be, and has a lot of range. i'll let the guys at the kitty trip be the judge on how loud and clean it is. the face on the deck wants to fall off, the wipers jump, and hair gets moving.... oh yea...

want to come and get my stereo again? this time my alarm remote is next to my bed, along with this sweet ass piece of steel.

:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I think it rocks, didn't you see the smilie:bigthumb:. The best part is the 1911, is that a Kimber?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Looks amazing, probably sounds even better. How about more info on speakers, power, box finish, etc? Let us know what all is in there. Or is there a previous thread that we can reference?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice Stereo..... even nicer Kimber. I have one just like it. What kind of deck is that and is that a seperate EQ I see or is that all part of the deck? I see you are from Ca. I lived in Fresno for some time and I have had a few stereos stolen myself. Hopefully you hear them next time so they can have a chat with Mr 1911 there........ LOL

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow, incredible... I just posted mine and want to take it down because I'm humbled. I guess that's why I ask you all my stereo questions! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks amazing, probably sounds even better. How about more info on speakers, power, box finish, etc? Let us know what all is in there. Or is there a previous thread that we can reference?
yes, that is a kimber, and no it isnt nicer than the stereo.

Alpine 9855 deck
Zapco SP7-SL EQ all balanced symbilink out
Zapco reference mids (blue cones, soon to be reds until my competitions come in. i wont have them in time for the kitty trip)
Zapco competition tweeter
Zapco C2k 6.0 1200 watts, and those are real watts
Zapco C2k 9.0 2200 watts being on the conservative side
Zapco SLB-U volume control on the 9.0
DD 2510 woofers

box has panels covering it that are wrapped in vinyl. since i dont have a woodshop at the moment, my buddy did the woodwork stuff. i did everything else.

another buddy of mine drew up the zapco logos in solidworks and cut them out with his laser.

·
Registered
136 Posts

I love that piece of steel......NICE

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ha, i would love it even more if i could find a decent JHP that it would eat well. the search continues. for personal defense i would love a HP, but since i live with nothing across the street and no houses are that close, i can get away with a FMJ for right now. i would anyway, because its the only thing i have found to feed reliably.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thats odd..... My TLE II ( which is what yours appears to be) will feed any type of high quality ammo I put in it. I did have some trouble with one of my magazines and was told that some Wilson Combat Mags are the way to go.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats odd..... My TLE II ( which is what yours appears to be) will feed any type of high quality ammo I put in it. I did have some trouble with one of my magazines and was told that some Wilson Combat Mags are the way to go.
i have shot the TLE II a lot, and found that it was just as picky as my custom II with hollow points. i want to get a ultra or compact CDP II and turn that into a defense weapon and work on getting my custom II to where it should be. i think a quick touch of the feed ramp, and some new mags will do the trick. i think the stovepiping was due to a magazine issue. perhaps a weak spring. i also want to go for some 185 +p JHP's or 230 grain JHP.

·
Registered
375 Posts
With a name (and price tag) like Kimber you would it to feed anything you throw at it but aparently that is not the case. I think my next purchase will be a SIG in .40.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Use a gun, or even wave a gun around in defending your personal property in the State of California? Just don't get caught. You'll wish you'd have stayed in bed. While the stereo thief will probably just get a misdeanor written citation, you are risking felony serious charges, cancellation of your carry permit (if you have one), and jail time (if you are crazy enough to pull the trigger).

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Use a gun, or even wave a gun around in defending your personal property in the State of California? Just don't get caught. You'll wish you'd have stayed in bed. While the stereo thief will probably just get a misdeanor written citation, you are risking felony serious charges, cancellation of your carry permit (if you have one), and jail time (if you are crazy enough to pull the trigger).
please delete this. dont start something like this in my stereo thread. if someone enters my garage to steal from me, that is a robbery. a robbery is a life threatening act.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts