Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI FJC

Just got back from SEMA last night and talked to the good people at ARB. They have some exciting new products coming out.

1: ALL NEW ARB freezer fridge. This is a totally new one folks! New design, motor, same low amp draw, but will feature a LOWER PRICE!! It is a completely in house model. No more Fujisawa connection (read Engel).

The only size is the most popular, the 47 quart.

The exterior of the fridge is a polymer, so it won't show dents and scratches as easily, and the color is tan and blue. I have a brochure that I will scan in to show it to you later today.

2: ALL NEW aluminum roof racks!! I will get more details and pics later next week, but they have made the racks out of aluminum to save weight. They all come with a new style mesh floor. They will me more expensive as the material costs are much higher, but if you want / need the latest rack and to save weight, this is it!!

Will post more info and pics as they come available. ARB have said we can do an intro sale of some kind - who's up for it??

Let me know and thanks for reading!
Steve:)

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Hmmmm.... can't wait to see um'... :bigthumb:...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
pics pics pics pics pics ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
472 Posts
2: ALL NEW aluminum roof racks!! I will get more details and pics later next week, but they have made the racks out of aluminum to save weight. They all come with a new style mesh floor. They will me more expensive as the material costs are much higher, but if you want / need the latest rack and to save weight, this is it!!
I may not be able to afford it, but this is something that I have been asking others to manufacture. When I built a custom rack for my old rig, the weight of the steel always bothered me. I don't want a lot of weight at the highest point on my FJ, especially when I am not carrying any gear.

I am glad that ARB stepped up to the plate.:cheers:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a pic of the new fridge! Scanned it off the Australia only brochure they had,
will scan the rest of it later if you like?

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Thanks for the quick picture, does it come in Sun Fusion :jester: Actually, kind of like the "khaki" color in the pic.

The fridge/freezer has been on my list but I kept missing your group buys. Hopefully, you'll consider one again in the future...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may not be able to afford it, but this is something that I have been asking others to manufacture. When I built a custom rack for my old rig, the weight of the steel always bothered me. I don't want a lot of weight at the highest point on my FJ, especially when I am not carrying any gear.

I am glad that ARB stepped up to the plate.:cheers:
I coulnd't agree with you more. I love the ARB roof rack, looked at a bunch of different systems with I was there, and they all looked flimsy - (seeing a decked out rig and they are running cross bars and a generic basket, not that there is anything wrong with that)

I'm seriously considering the new Sandstorm(?) Trail teams FJ coming out next spring - this rig ROCKS!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
For the fridge -- how soon and how much and GROUP BUY

BTW thanks for the update.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the fridge -- how soon and how much and GROUP BUY

BTW thanks for the update.

I'll find out more info early next week for delivery and price. It'll be good! (fingers crossed!)
you are welcome, I get excited about this stuff!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I coulnd't agree with you more. I love the ARB roof rack, looked at a bunch of different systems with I was there, and they all looked flimsy - (seeing a decked out rig and they are running cross bars and a generic basket, not that there is anything wrong with that)

I'm seriously considering the new Sandstorm(?) Trail teams FJ coming out next spring - this rig ROCKS!

looks like a regular sandstorm with blacked out parts.Nothing we havent seen here in the forum.:jester:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Steve, you think the new aluminum rack would be a little more aerodynamic? I love their racks but don't like the 2-3 MPG i hear everyone losing when they put it on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve, you think the new aluminum rack would be a little more aerodynamic? I love their racks but don't like the 2-3 MPG i hear everyone losing when they put it on.
I don't think the change of material will have a drastic effect on the MPG.
Way back when I had a Jeep Cherokee, I switched from another rack to an ARB and my mileage loss was less than with the 1st rack.

With the ARB rack, you really should get the wind deflector if you are concerned about MPG. It's the turbulance that will cut it. I don't know if 2-3 mpg is a real figure, I would wager people are doing other mods at the same time? Unless the curve of the FJ roof is somehow effecting it..

So in a very long winded answer, yes being lighter it will help, definately get the deflector - maybe even add a second one and keep lights and cargo, tucked behind it ~

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts

I was driving down the road today and saw an old Land Rover Discovery, and it reminded me of the old Camel XD which had a flat black hood and was thinking that with the semi-clamshell hood that the FJ has, it would look pretty cool. I guess I was right.

Thanks for the pics and look forward to your group buy on the "much less expensive" fridge/freezer.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Way back when I had a Jeep Cherokee, I switched from another rack to an ARB and my mileage loss was less than with the 1st rack.

With the ARB rack, you really should get the wind deflector if you are concerned about MPG. It's the turbulance that will cut it. I don't know if 2-3 mpg is a real figure, I would wager people are doing other mods at the same time? Unless the curve of the FJ roof is somehow effecting it..

So in a very long winded answer, yes being lighter it will help, definately get the deflector - maybe even add a second one and keep lights and cargo, tucked behind it ~
The steel one weighs something like 200 huh? Any idea on weight of the new aluminum one???

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts

I would agree with you in that I've seen no difference in MPG when I changed from stock to the ARB full rack. I do have the wind deflector but can't imagine it really makes that much difference.

If I add up all the things that take away MPG according to some members of this forum, I should be getting negative MPG...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The steel one weighs something like 200 huh? Any idea on weight of the new aluminum one???
The full length mesh steel rack comes in around 110 lbs (iirc), the new ones will about half that ~ so my guess would be 55-60 lbs. So two people would easily be able to lift it vs. the four needed now.

I was driving down the road today and saw an old Land Rover Discovery, and it reminded me of the old Camel XD which had a flat black hood and was thinking that with the semi-clamshell hood that the FJ has, it would look pretty cool. I guess I was right.

Thanks for the pics and look forward to your group buy on the "much less expensive" fridge/freezer.
I'll attempt to get more info today with delivery and pricing. That's a great pic of the old XD, thanks for that ~ forgot they had black wheel centers like the TT FJ...

On a side note, was at the Toyota dealer yesterday and they are coming out with a Trail Teams 4Runner - with monochrome paint scheme and FJ style seat covers.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Here is a pic of the new fridge! Scanned it off the Australia only brochure they had, will scan the rest of it later if you like?
Does this mean you'll be slashing the price on the the 45QT model w/transit bag to move them out? If so, let me know. ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does this mean you'll be slashing the price on the the 45QT model w/transit bag to move them out? If so, let me know. ;)
Swingshift ~ there are no more old style fridges anymore at ARB, they are sadly all gone!

Ok - here is the deal, the new style fridges are due in FEBRUARY 2009.
Approximate retail is going to be $750.

There are 125 units scheduled to come in on the 1st run. 75 are sold already.
I can do a "pre-order" Group Buy for 10x or so units. My rep has promised me that he will dog ear them for me if I tell him so.

If you want I can make a posting on the Group Buy Thread to this effect.
The selling price will most like be $750 will a super discounted shipping / and or possibly shipping included? Once the items are on the water (about 8 weeks before they arrive), you will be charged 10% deposit, upon arrival in the US, the balance will be charged.

Let me know what you think, we'll have to act fast, otherwise they will all be sold out.

Steve

1 - 20 of 45 Posts