Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Ok - here is the deal, the new style fridges are due in FEBRUARY 2009.
Approximate retail is going to be $750.

There are 125 units scheduled to come in on the 1st run. 75 are sold already.
I can do a "pre-order" Group Buy for 10x or so units. My rep has promised me that he will dog ear them for me if I tell him so.

If you want I can make a posting on the Group Buy Thread to this effect.
The selling price will most like be $750 will a super discounted shipping / and or possibly shipping included? Once the items are on the water (about 8 weeks before they arrive), you will be charged 10% deposit, upon arrival in the US, the balance will be charged.

Let me know what you think, we'll have to act fast, otherwise they will all be sold out.

Steve
I'm in...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Here is a pic of the new fridge! Scanned it off the Australia only brochure they had,
will scan the rest of it later if you like?

Steve
Does it fax and copy also? :jester:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
have you got any pics on the aluminum ARB roof rack yet?:rocker:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Id like to see pics of the roof rack. But im definately interested...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Roof rack please and more pics of the fridge if you have any.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Do you have diminsions of the fridge yet?
Looking at the brochure,
508mm H (20")
380mm W (14.96")
705mm D (27.75")

I'm in...
ToraSport,
I'm in, for sure.
Awesome, thanks! Will make an official post on the GB section later today :)

Does it fax and copy also? :jester:
LOL!

have you got any pics on the aluminum ARB roof rack yet?:rocker:
They are coming, ARB will get back to me today?

Roof rack please and more pics of the fridge if you have any.
I will post all four pages of the brochure on the GB post, this thing is loaded with features!! No fax or copy function though.....

Steve

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I am dying to see the new rack as well.

I don't mean to water down the excitement, I too am looking foward to the new racks, but the rep told me it would essesntially look identical to the steel racks, with the exception of the flooring. Instead of the regular square mesh, it will be a hexagonal mesh and bar only. No "bar only" flooring option.

They will weigh in about half of the steelies, but they will be more in cost. I'm guessing 25-30% in price. If my garage was tall enough, no doubt I'd have an aluminum rack on my rig. Simply for the weight and resultant fuel savings between uses. Not to mention the driving feel around corners and such.

Imho, these racks are geared for the "Techie wheeler" who is not price sensitive, and want's the latest in gear.

But I still promise to post pics as soon as I get them, they are still being prepared at ARB in Australia. I am guessing availability on the racks will be around the end of this year, early part of next.

So hang in there - almost there!!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Polymer is plastic, Plastic gets old and cracks, I'll take dents over cracks any day. Dayum and they're not making the metal ones anymore huh. :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Polymer is plastic, Plastic gets old and cracks, I'll take dents over cracks any day. Dayum and they're not making the metal ones anymore huh. :(
If the polymer is anything like what the snorkel is made from I don't think we will have any worries.

The snorkel on my truck has been on it for 8 years and still looks new.
I think most cracks are caused by UV exposure, and the snorkel is just fine!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi Everyone ~

I have the PDF for tha alloy racks - does anyone know how I can post a PDF?

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Hi Everyone ~

I have the PDF for tha alloy racks - does anyone know how I can post a PDF?

Thanks
Steve
Should be able to do it as an attachment Steve. Like posting a pic using the manage attachments button.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cool it works, thanks L&D

Please note the prices shown are in ASD - not USD, I'll post official US pricing on Monday ~ along with availability, the only one that will currently fit the FJ is the FULL SIZE rack - but at half the weight and only a few hundred more, it's a very attractive set up imho...

S

21 - 40 of 45 Posts