Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed two 12" polk audio subs with boss 1800 watt amp and capacitor. I am now looking to upgrade my speakers and head unit. Any idea on wat size the speakers are on the doors and also the dashboard and pillars in the back?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Put in some speakers in the C pillar instead of way in the back.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Doors - 6x9
rear pillar and dash 3.5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i have a 1800 watt @ 2 ohms boss amp will i need another amp for the speakers? Sorry for so many questions just trying to get everything rite.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I threw in some Polk 61/2 mids and tweets in doors and dash! There MONEY!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im looking at the 6x9 polk audiofor the doors and the 1 inch polk audio tweeters then also polk audio 3.5's for the trunk speakers. Will i need another amp to power these speakers or will i be fine with the amp i already have.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Also i have a 1800 watt @ 2 ohms boss amp will i need another amp for the speakers? Sorry for so many questions just trying to get everything rite.
Unless your amplifier is a multi-channel unit that has enough channels to safely power your other speakers separate from the subs; will need another that has enough power and channels, as required by your final speaker set-up.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I agree with Mentat. You'll probably want to go with another decent 4-channel amp with power specs that match the kind of speakers you end up going with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts