Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there should be a section on here for forum members to post up some of their custom work. Its enjoyable looking at other peoples hard work and sharing their ideas. I think I need some backup for this so everyone what do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Build ups and Custom work aren't the same. I think he/she is more interested in a specific thread dealing with true custom work... ie. one of a kind shiznit.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Build ups and Custom work aren't the same. I think he/she is more interested in a specific thread dealing with true custom work... ie. one of a kind shiznit.
Yeah, but who here doesn't think their particular FJ is a "one-of-a-kind custom build??" :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We all have one of a kind FJ's I was looking for specific things on your one of a kind custom build. For examples custom light bars,roof racks, skids, bumpers anything someone fabbed up themselves. Not saying anything negative about the forum I love this place just trying to make it better.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
We all have one of a kind FJ's I was looking for specific things on your one of a kind custom build. For examples custom light bars, roof racks, skids, bumpers anything someone fabbed up themselves.
Understood. But, more often than not, those particular custom modifications will frequently pop up throughout the forum within the specific topical area (i.e., 4x4 Off-Road, Interior/Exterior Visual Tech, etc.). Matter of fact, that's primarily why those particular forums exist . . . . to be a showcase for creative ideas and ingenuity in a given area of fabrication and custom design.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Understood. But, more often than not, those particular custom modifications will frequently pop up throughout the forum within the specific topical area (i.e., 4x4 Off-Road, Interior/Exterior Visual Tech, etc.). Matter of fact, that's primarily why those particular forums exist . . . . to be a showcase for creative ideas and ingenuity in a given area of fabrication and custom design.
I too enjoy seeing the homebuilt innovations and previously thought that a separate section or forum might be a good thing. However, I have to agree with Steve here. I think that folks, myself included would still want to post in the existing section categories.

I rallied, championed, and pestered/badgered for another forum member's call for a new section awhile ago - a sub-forum - for Tools. There are a few posts now and agian in the Tools sub-forum, but people still post threads about tools in other sections. For example if someone were replacing their rear coil springs, most folks naturally would post about spring compressors in the Suspension Tech forum.

:thinkerg: Besides, if you become clinically addicted to the forum (like I appear to be...) you'll catch the custom mod threads the instant they appear in Active Topics! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts