Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated some of the available add-ons as we get closer to the production model. Some were dropped due to lack of interest and others were modified or added. Thanks!

Edit: Updated post 38 with pictures and instructions on opening. Go to post 38 to view.

As some of you know (who got to try it out) from SedonaFest Lucrum is coming out with a new Multi-Function Tire Carrier for the FJ Cruiser. The prototype was displayed and I have attached pictures below, here is the 411.

The Tire-Carrier will be compatible with the following bumpers; WARN, ARB, ALL-PRO and Stock. We will try to make it compatible with other popular rear bumpers as they are released. The Tire Carrier was designed to be modular and will be offered "A la Cart" (if that’s how you spell it). What this means is that you get to decide what you would like on it and how it comes. For example if you have a WARN rear bumper you will order the "WARN fit kit" and the "Tire Carrier" as two parts and then order any add-ons you want below. We will offer different add-on parts for the Tire Carrier so you can build it and have it the way you want it and if you don't want everything you DONT have to pay for stuff you wont use.

Here are some of the available add-ons;
1. High Lift Mount
2. Axe and Shovel Mount
3. 1 CB antenna antenna mounting kit. (with grounding wire)
4. 1 HAM antenna mounting kit. (with grounding wire)
5. Telescoping (height adjustable) Cargo Rack
6. Jerry Can Holders with lock
7. Back Up Light bracket kit

The standard features will include;
NEW! Ammo Can Mount now included as standard equipment
1. 2"x3" .250 wall steel arms with Proprietary lock developed by Lucrum
2. Tire Carrier arm that can accommodate up to a 37" Tire
3. Gas Can arm that will hold 2 jerry cans
4. Rebuild able high strength pivots
5. License Plate relocation kit
6. Light for license plate
7. Black powder coat
8. Lifetime Lucrum Warranty we are known for!

To use the Tire Carrier you simply pull on a easy to access latch on the left side of the carrier next to the Jerry Can mount and then pull the tire arm open, the attached gas shock swings out and locks the arm in place. To open the jerry can arm you simply open the back door. The Jerry Can arm is attached in a NON-Weight bearing method so that the forward and back position are proportional to the back door eliminating the need for another latch or awkward multi-swing out positions to open the back door, so easy anyone can do it!

To install the Tire Carrier you will need to remove your rear bumper and align the brackets to the frame that are included with your fit kit. The instructions will also give details on where to drill holes for the axles to pass up though the bumper. Then you will put your rear bumper back on and then the Tire Carriers arms and axles in the brackets dropped through the bumper. NO welding required!

Pricing should be available sometime next week but will be well under $1000. We will begin taking deposits of $500 by phone if you call us and even better yet, we will do the first order as a group buy! but we need 25 orders. Delivery should be in about 4 weeks. Check back or contact us at 760-716-4472 for more details. This product is not on our website yet. Please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
FINALLY! AAWWEESSOOMMMEE!!

That was one big reason i did not like the kaymar, because the tire was on the left side (why the same side as the gas tank??).

You'll be getting more business from me as soon as i get a rear bumper :D

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Very nice.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh man! That is nice!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Damm more $hit that I want.Dammm FJ :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Looks awesome Chris! :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Does the departure angle change with the tire carrier? Or does the new carrier go through the bumpers. Any close up pictures you can show us on how it attaches and goes though or around the bumper?

Mike-- Does this mean that you're going to put a rear bumper on your FJ? :bigthumb:
I would think he would save money since he doesn't need any fit kit. :lol:

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Really slick!

Compatibility with the Gobi Ladder?

T

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Mike-- Does this mean that you're going to put a rear bumper on your FJ? :bigthumb:
Absolutely not. :)

That's one of the strengths of Lucrum's design - it attaches to the frame, not the bumper. As I understand it, it doesn't matter what bumper you have or if you have one at all... :king:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow that is sick bro! Same Gobi ladder question... Will it fit? aand also what rims are those your strutting around in?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
660 Posts
Chris, You've done it again. Way to go, give the forum members more things to spend there money on!!!!... And way to go, start it off with a GROUP BUY!!!!

Anybody else find it convenient that he released these the same week most of us began receiving our stimulus checks? I guess that's the best way to spend it though on an American made product for an American vendor and more importantly a fellow FJ'er.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
does this mean there might be a Lucrum rear bumper with integrated rear tire carrier, expedition cans, and etc in near future....

then again with this setup I would not need to buy a new bumper other than for extra strength. mmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Daddy likes! I would remove my rear ladder if they wouldn't work together. It looks planty stout to climb on. I would like the gas can feature as well as a top shelf to put other stuff.

Bottom line is I would buy one of these.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts