Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my FJ for about 2 weeks now, and discovered very quickly that the stock Dunlops weren't going to get it done. Have decided on the Toyo Open Country M/T. I have a hookup in the business, and can get them (5) for about $1100.00 mounted/balanced. That's about $500 less than the best price I could find.

Anyone running these in the stock 265 70 R17 size? How's the highway noise? I'm not an avid "off-roader" per-se, but as a nature photographer, I get into some pretty nasty stuff sometimes. Lot's of deep sand and mud.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have these but in 285s the high way noise is noticeable if you have to drive thru any tunnels you mine as well turn the music up. But over all there not terrible but they have a nice little hum to them.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
A buddy of mine has those on his TAco and loves them, I think he has around 30,000 on his. they still look great.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think tires are like wrist watches. YOU should pick your tires by what you are attracted. I have found Cooper STT's are for me and my FJ. They have a great model ST's also that may be more appropriate for what you do. This tire seems to be the tire of choice for the FJ 40s. The secrect for most all tires seems to be "rotate regularly". Do like the rest of us, take recommendations, stick your neck out, buy what your heart says and defend your selection to the death. You'll do fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I LOVE my Toyo M/T's. They have very good on road manners and outstanding off-road abilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
"Open Country M/T."

Never owned the Open Country, but all my other Toyos on various vehicles have always ended up being noticably NOISY.

·
Registered
932 Posts
One of the best tires out there hands down. I have them in a 35 and love them. They are actually really quiet in the larger sizes. Some of the skinnier MTs have a little more noise. If you can get them at that price then buy them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts