Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks Sharp! i've been thinking about getting rims for mine... might have to add those to my list of possibilities.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice look all around...very sweet ride!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 285's fit good. There was a little rubbing at full lock but we removed some of the plastic covering the body mounts. Doesn't rub at full lock but then again, I haven't been out and fully stretched it's legs either.... Will have to get back on that. I was considering doing a lift but my stupid garage doors are only 7 feet. With the roof rack, I am pretty close. Wouldn't want to lift it and then park out of the garage.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 285's fit good. There was a little rubbing at full lock but we removed some of the plastic covering the body mounts. Doesn't rub at full lock but then again, I haven't been out and fully stretched it's legs either.... Will have to get back on that. I was considering doing a lift but my stupid garage doors are only 7 feet. With the roof rack, I am pretty close. Wouldn't want to lift it and then park out of the garage.
Just do a level kit then. Get the Bilstein 5100's and put them on the second notch. It lifts the front by .75 inchs but the rear stays at stock height. That will give you more room up front for the bigger tire.

Truck looks good by the way!

·
Banned
72 Posts
Just do a level kit then. Get the Bilstein 5100's and put them on the second notch. It lifts the front by .75 inchs but the rear stays at stock height. That will give you more room up front for the bigger tire.

Truck looks good by the way!
hey Jay, did you ever get the Bilstein 5100's? Anybody else have these wheels and do the 5100s? If it levels the front do you need to body mount chop done?

I was considering these wheels or the Fuel Krank with that are 17x9. I have stock 265/70/17 tires now that i want to mount on them until later when i upgrade to 285 width tires. How will it look?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts