Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really appreciate your post as I will be looking for new tires for Bear very soon...He just turned 10 so I'd like to get him something special (and a bit more aggressive looking ;)). I've been running Michelin Defender LTX M/S on him and I've been happy with their performance, but the new bumpers I put on are screaming for something with a bit more bite to compliment them, lol! I was looking at the BFG T/A KO2 (6 ply), but I don't want to add too much noise and don't want to lose much in mileage. No plans for a lift right now, may be looking at new shocks/struts - just looking for new shoes and perhaps some new rims that pair well. I will take a look at the Toyo for sure.

Sounds like we may be in the same neck of the woods...Southern Indiana!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pirateslady:

I am in southern Indiana, specifically the Evansville area. Is that close ?

Yep, Evansville area in a 2013 Cement TTUE. You ?
I’m just north of Louisville! My Polar Bear is a 2012 Iceberg. And WOW - in a former life I was actually engaged to a Brad Johnson! He was from Wyoming though ;) LOL!

I think I am leaning toward the TOYO rather than the BFG. Admittedly, I don't get off-road as much as I'd like so the noise and ride remain important. Going to pair with a set of KMC KM541 Dirty Harry wheels. Probably new suspension as well since I'm about to hit 120k.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts