Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Ya'll! First post. I've lurked here for a while and checked out the forum. When the FJ debuted, I liked them from the beginning, but Toyota dealers wouldn't budge on price.

I currently have an '05 Nissan Titan crew cab and it has been a great truck, very small probs. The dealer here in NC has 5 leftover '07s and the wife and I have been working on a deal since Friday. I am trading the Titan and don't want to get roasted.

The dealer wants to move the '07s, so were somewhere in the middle now. The price is currently $25200 OTD for a 2wd BCP FJ with UP1, TRD 16" whls, running boards, rubber mats, rack, airbags. The MSRP with doc fee is $29087. Is this a decent deal? Thanks and hello again!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

An 07 4x2 for that as the 09's are soon coming out in close to a month. My sticker price was 32 and i got it for 28 back in august of last year. I think you should be able to get it for less, ESPECIALLY with the market right now.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
I also think that is way too high for a 4X2!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
That sounds really high.....You have to ask yourself why they are still on the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I agree that that is a bit steep. My sticker on my (all wheel drive M/T) '07 in '07 was $35,400 and I powered throttled them and rolled out paying $27,500 All the extras, opt pkg 1 and a custom leather interior

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!:wave:

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
Welcome, they should go down some more for a 4x2 2007. 20mpg vehicles aren't exactly selling like hot cakes these days and given that the 09 models are just around the corner, a 2007 should go for substantially less than invoice.

Maybe the reason they have so many 07's on the lot is that they won't be reasonable.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome to the forum.... I'm sure you can get the price you want... good luck

·
Registered
677 Posts
SHOOT FOR 24,000 OTD see what happens. if thats the one you want then go for it.BUY IT ,LOVE IT:clap:

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! I paid $24,300 for my new 4x4 FJ last November - you should be able to do better I would think. Also food for thought - there are lots of folks on here who bought the 4x2 and are quite happy with them. There are also many who bought them and later wished they would have gotten the 4x4 version. Be sure and get what you want. I'm not the only one on the forum who got a great deal on an FJ - the deals are there if you look around. Good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi FJ89,
Welcome to you. I just joined too. I bought my TT two weeks ago. To make a long story shorter I paid $29020. The sticker was $33100. That was for a TT. If I were you I would ask myself two questions 1. Why are the 07' still on this lot, could it be the dealer is not dealing. 2. Do I want to buy an FJ that is 4x2 and wish I could do all the things 4x4 owners talk about on this site. I also think that the 4x2 is just sitting on lots all over America cause Toyota made this truck to be used off road. Offer the dealer invoice (-) 2%. You watch you'll get it because the dealers are begging for sales right now. Good luck.

FJDunkball:king:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome! Don't go for the 4x2 just to save a couple of bucks and then wish you had a 4x4. After all these animals are all about 4 wheeling.
Chuck:rocker:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I also just joined and got a 08 TT also for just over 29K, that's with 4x4 and auto transmission. I think for close to the quote you have you could probably land an 08 model with 4x4 right now. Good luck either way :)

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Welcome aboard! The price is high for 4x2, you might want to shop around for a better deal. Good luck with your purchase. Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, folks. The Wife and I want an FJ pretty bad, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Every time someone at the Titan forum asks for price help, I always say " There's another dealer and there's always another truck". I think I'll take my own advice! The '07 deal doesn't look as good outside the box now. I don't want to take a $13.5k(neg) bath on my Titan, either. My choice now is clear; take my time, wait for the best new/used deal and get MY FJ then. Until it transpires, I'll sit on the porch under the fan in NC and check out the forum some more. Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks, folks. The Wife and I want an FJ pretty bad, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Every time someone at the Titan forum asks for price help, I always say " There's another dealer and there's always another truck". I think I'll take my own advice! The '07 deal doesn't look as good outside the box now. I don't want to take a $13.5k(neg) bath on my Titan, either. My choice now is clear; take my time, wait for the best new/used deal and get MY FJ then. Until it transpires, I'll sit on the porch under the fan in NC and check out the forum some more. Thanks.
I'd agree. In this market it doesn't hurt to be patient and look around. I was lucky and got mine gently used for a steller price. I say take your own advice :) Best of luck to you! Oh, and I'd highly recommend getting the 4x4 version. You don't want any regrets ....

Oh and welcome to the forums!:wave:
Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
good idea to wait. think about the hit you will take when an 07 rolls off the lot being two years old, you will be way in the hole right to start with. I went with an 08 for that very reason I could get it for what they wanted for 07's.

also look for a used. right after I bought mine I saw an 07 4x4 for 19,000. :mecry:It was a mall cruiser which many here are, deals are there.

welcome:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 29 Posts