Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking on the FB FJ Nations page learning about FJs for a few weeks and even asked a couple of newbie questions. I had been looking for the perfect FJ for me and found it right here in Sarasota. It was for sale only one day and I picked it up an hour ago. It is mostly stock 2014 FJ Trails Edition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,566 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
20 Posts
You will love it!! I have a 2013 TT in Tampa. A few tips...
Do not drive behind Semi Trucks, the flat windshield is prone to chipping.
Wax the front windshield, I have used Rejex (No haze) for a long time. Due to the flat windshield it sheds water during heavy rains so no need to use your wipers and makes the bugs easier to get off.
The love bugs are thick, soak the bugs with water to soften them. Once they are soft use the water currently on the windshield and dryer sheets to remove them. The softener in the dryer sheets makes the bugs come off. I keep a baggie of them in my FJ for long trips.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank
You will love it!! I have a 2013 TT in Tampa. A few tips...
Do not drive behind Semi Trucks, the flat windshield is prone to chipping.
Wax the front windshield, I have used Rejex (No haze) for a long time. Due to the flat windshield it sheds water during heavy rains so no need to use your wipers and makes the bugs easier to get off.
The love bugs are thick, soak the bugs with water to soften them. Once they are soft use the water currently on the windshield and dryer sheets to remove them. The softener in the dryer sheets makes the bugs come off. I keep a baggie of them in my FJ for long trips.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
Thanks, Andy!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congratulations! Your going to be so happy. That's a collector's car there.
When I bought my 2014 cement gray, there was the tte right next to it. I could not talk my wife into it. Shes a weirdo. Ha.
How many miles does she have on her,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations! Your going to be so happy. That's a collector's car there.
When I bought my 2014 cement gray, there was the tte right next to it. I could not talk my wife into it. Shes a weirdo. Ha.
How many miles does she have on her,
Funny! This was a little heavier on the miles than what I wanted at 78K. How many does you're a have? My favorite color is cement, but I couldn't find one here in Florida.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 3" lift, american racing rims, homemade t-case shift handle
276 Posts
Welcome from Alberta, Canada
Nice FJ you bought!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey. 78 k is low miles. I'm almost the same at 77.6 k! I've really tried to keep it low. No. The blue is way better not just that, the crawl control, the badging, and upholstery, bead lock rims. Your loaded! That was Toyota final farewell to the fj. They made it special. So enjoy , and you'll have her over 300 k if you do the maintenance. I get pissed off every time I see one! Because I could have bought it. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the purchase It’s a great car. I’m still in the market trying to find “the one”
Curious how much you paid just as a guide Prices on these are all over the place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts