Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2007 FJ with 14000 miles. Used as a beach house car it got little use. My question is should I replace the tires or belts because of age ? Is there anything else that needs replacing because of age? I also want to put in a rear camera . Any suggestions on brand? Love this truck Drives and handles like a car
Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!

I'm not sure about the service but if it drives and handles like a car, you're not driving it right. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
REPLACE THE BELT! Even without use, they deteriorate and 4 years is way past the replacement recommendation. Tires are more durable and if you get a flat, you have the spare. Break the belt, and you are stuck. Too many critical elements depend on it. er... Just reminded myself that I don't have a spare belt. DOUGH!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Welcome and Congrats :wave:

Would not hurt to take it in for a service and have them look it over.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I forgot. Give the brake lines a good pinch to check for cracks, and give the radiator hoses a good squeeze. They should be pliable and crack free.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the welcome. so far Im loving this truck. I put a new battery in but I will also look at the belts.. Cant wait to mod the truck .

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Welcome. There was good advise as to checking belts and hoses.

Well, if you're going to mod it, there's no end! Let the games begin! :clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts