Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I just bought a tuff stuff Delta 2 person roof rack tent for my FJ cruiser. I know I'm going to need some new cross bars to mount this tent to the rack? any recommendations.

I was also thinking I would need a wind fairing to deflect some of the air as I'm driving. Any ideas where I could get these items for an OEM roof rack?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated! thank you!!

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought a tuff stuff Delta 2 person roof rack tent for my FJ cruiser. I know I'm going to need some new cross bars to mount this tent to the rack? any recommendations.

I was also thinking I would need a wind fairing to deflect some of the air as I'm driving. Any ideas where I could get these items for an OEM roof rack?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated! thank you!!

You don’t need to buy new crossbars for the oem rack. Depending on the tent and which direction you want it to open up you may have to rotate the aluminum bars under the tent 90 degrees to mount to the side rails of the oem rack instead of the crossbars. Plenty of people do it this way and off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don’t need to buy new crossbars for the oem rack. Depending on the tent and which direction you want it to open up you may have to rotate the aluminum bars under the tent 90 degrees to mount to the side rails of the oem rack instead of the crossbars. Plenty of people do it this way and off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! this was very helpful! I'm going to end up doing that instead then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts