Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! So I am new to the southern CA desert. I just moved to Joshua Tree within the past 6mo. Was wondering if there are any fun trails in my area, easy to moderate... my FJ does not have a ton of stuff... pretty much stock with the Off Road package... any ideas???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Berdoo Canyon is in your backyard....easy & fun. Let me know if you want to roll...I'm close. :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Berdoo Canyon is in your backyard....easy & fun. Let me know if you want to roll...I'm close. :cheers:
I have hear about this little run... how is it?? Its a good run for a noob??

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
RE: NEW TO THE AREA
There are lots of places to go on the East Side of JOSHUA TREE NP.
From the Cottonwood ( South Entrance ) you can go into PINKHAM CANYON,Easy Trail 22 miles ( lots of flowers in the spring )
There is a side trail that goes off to the west, to Berdoo/Thermal Canyon (dead end )
North East side you can go on the old Dale Road, Will take you outside of the park
There are some old mines in this area.
From the same trail head you can go on the Black Eagle Mine Road to Black Eagle Mine
( Dead End Road )

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Welcome stm2727 :wave: and congrats on the new FJC!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am in the area for a couple of months, transplant from the IL Swamps. I could use some time off road. Yucca Valley, JT, 29 area

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are going to be headed back to Oregon from Yuma around March 23 and are considering hitting the Berdoo Canyon trail. Is it a day trip to run from south to north? Recommended places to stay? We won't have room to bring camping gear with us.
Any help and advice is appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts