Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just parted ways with my 3rd gen 96' 4runner. Picked up a clean 2008 FJ with the TRD package female driven pavement pounder with 139K miles. Loooking to upgrade the suspension with a 2-3" lift/suspension , geared for 75% on road and 25% beach driving. Looking to firm up the ride a bit but remain compliant. I also need to source a roof rack, I had a Front Runner on my Gen 4 4Runner and a Prinsu on my Gen 3. Looking for something to mount my RTT and have some space for other gear, so probably a full length is in order, would prefer used to keep the cost down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
also please let me know if you have any suggestions for upgrades/maintaince on the FJ?

cheers,
Jerry

Premium Member
Welcome aboard!

Registered
Hi in2deep, welcome from Ohio!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for making me feel welcome !

No suggestions for a solid suspension? After researching Ive decided Im interested in the bilsteins( best warranty) for shocks but the tricky decision is the springs. They should be closely matched to the shocks rebound rates and travel. I'd like a level ride with 2-2.5" lift from stock. Ome's, Icon, Ironman springs?? anyone have any real life experience? No bumpers, just a roof rack and Rtt.

cheers
Jerry

Premium Member
Welcome from Oregon :)

Registered
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

Premium Member
Welcome from DC! Lots of options on suspension and roof racks. There is a comparison thread in one section of the forums to help give you some opinions. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for being so welcoming!
I already read the comparison thread and about 3 more hours of research and still dont know what suspension /rack to get. For racks Im leaning towards the Prinsu and suspension I was originally considering a kit that wouldnt require me to swap out the upper control arms (to keep cost down) but Im on the fence about it now. Ideally I'd like a level ride but 2.5-3" higher and compliant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts