Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Just got my new FJ two weeks ago and I love it. I traded in my 2004 Taco 4 door 4x4 which was my baby. The taco treated me extremely well and I vowed to stay in the Toyota family after 7 years without a single issue.

I loved the FJ since it first hit the road. I wanted to pull the trigger for a while but it wasn't until I saw an all black one that looked uber awesome.

I went test driving and I was told the full black was after market. That's when I saw a full army green FJ sitting there that just got off the truck. I told the sales guy get the keys to my new car.

I wanted to join the community to get some ideas on what to do next on some off road accessories. Look forward to getting to know the group.

Edit: Pics

Cheers-
Nick

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome. Pics please are it did not happen. You are the proud member of the NSSE club also. Read on in the forum and you will get a ton of info on your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wave: Welcome. Pics please are it did not happen. You are the proud member of the NSSE club also. Read on in the forum and you will get a ton of info on your new ride.
ok ok .

You made me walk out to the office garage and snap with my terrible blackberry camera. I will get a better resolution for the avatar later.

Is that your full arctic white? I love that color, I want another one.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
I loved the FJ since it first hit the road. I wanted to pull the trigger for a while but it wasn't until I saw an all black one that looked uber awesome.

I went test driving and I was told the full black was after market. That's when I saw a full army green FJ sitting there that just got off the truck. I told the sales guy get the keys to my new car.
This is how I came to have mine too. I knew that most of them had white roofs and I was resigned to accepting that...and then I saw the page for the 2011 Trail Teams - all green and blacked out on the outside and I was hooked.

There's an interesting backstory to our all-green's: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...123222-2011-fj-trails-team-just-off-boat.html

Enjoy the truck, I'm loving mine!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is how I came to have mine too. I knew that most of them had white roofs and I was resigned to accepting that...and then I saw the page for the 2011 Trail Teams - all green and blacked out on the outside and I was hooked.

There's an interesting backstory to our all-green's: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...123222-2011-fj-trails-team-just-off-boat.html

Enjoy the truck, I'm loving mine!
Thanks!

I'm loving it, can't wait to take it wheeling.

Your's looks very clean. I like the step side and roof rack. Where could one find such a thing:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Your's looks very clean. I like the step side and roof rack. Where could one find such a thing:cheers:
The roof rack is what comes on the stock FJ's, I bought it for $250 from a forum member who took it off his truck. Keep an eye out for these in the classifieds, you can pick them up fairly often for $200-300. The install is also pretty easy, although it takes two people to keep from scratching your roof.

I bought the predator side steps through the dealership when I bought the truck, they were also $200-300 brand new and you can do the install yourself. It's just 5 bolts on each side.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forums!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

cheers,

dale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts