Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the years 2010-2014 trail team editions which is the most desirable and why? From my understanding and research from years 2010-2014 a special limited color was introduced each year. Are there any differences and desirability in any of the years of trail team editions or is it only color preference? Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome, and good luck in your hunt!

And yes, the badging / colors are most of what separate them from the other FJ's. They came well equipped, but not with all the features available (for example, rear parking sensors). Pick a color you like, and enjoy!

·
A-Team Moderator
10,279 Posts
'11 had the most desirable. The Army Green TT factory mistake known as Option pkg 3 or the NSSE, Not So Special Edition. It was missing the dash top gauge cluster and rear power inverter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome, and good luck in your hunt!

And yes, the badging / colors are most of what separate them from the other FJ's. They came well equipped, but not with all the features available (for example, rear parking sensors). Pick a color you like, and enjoy!
Is that rock crawl feature all that and more? I'm getting a killer deal on a trail teams so just wondering if the 2013 and up is worth the extra 5k-10k If I were getting the 2013 or 2015. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is that rock crawl feature all that and more? I'm getting a killer deal on a trail teams so just wondering if the 2013 and up is worth the extra 5k-10k If I were getting the 2013 or 2015. Thanks
I had it on a Tacoma, never really messed with it because didn't need it, crawl control.
As far as TT's, the reds are pretty badass imo, don't much care for the interior but that paint is beautiful.
No but seriously, crawl control is kind of dumb. It's really useful if you don't know how to drive or plan on burying your ride and then want to let it autopilot it's way out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada.

I have a 2012 TT. Radiant Red.
thanks. Toyota forums are super chill. I also own a 2002 ted supercharged 4runner and a 2005 uber rare phantom grey mr2 spyder. Toyota all the way!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Another 2010 TTSE here (y)

Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi jmoya03, welcome from Ohio!
Are we sure that the 2010 is the rarest, because three of us in just this thread have them!?...Maybe just the best 😉

On a more serious note, the 2014TTUE seems the TT that gets a premium. Otherwise color is more of the TT advantage over the standard FJ with all the options. My flowchart would be 1) Do you the color awesome? 2) does it have Diff Lock/ATRAC? 3) No or Acceptable rust? 4) Buy it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi jmoya03, welcome from Ohio!
Are we sure that the 2010 is the rarest, because three of us in just this thread have them!?...Maybe just the best 😉

On a more serious note, the 2014TTUE seems the TT that gets a premium. Otherwise color is more of the TT advantage over the standard FJ with all the options. My flowchart would be 1) Do you the color awesome? 2) does it have Diff Lock/ATRAC? 3) No or Acceptable rust? 4) Buy it!
I consider arrest because only 15
00 were made compared for the 2500 other TTSE

1 - 20 of 35 Posts