Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the Mrs. and I decided to pick up an FJ. Now, I come from a long background of modified cars, mostly swapped Hondas and other imports. I had never owned a truck or SUV, but the ones I had driven were boring and slow.

I did like the idea of the FJ as it does not look like a standard SUV, which was awesome. I couldn't stand the idea of the monotony that Grand Cherokee or Tahoe would've added to my life.

Yesterday, we went to the Toyota Dealership across the freeway with the intention of looking at some pre-owned FJ Cruisers. They had 3 on the lot and one was in our budget. I present our 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

The Carfax showed that the car was maintained at the dealer we bought it from, the previous owner owned it for over 5 years and it was meticulously maintained.

I was hoping this forum could give me some insight into the platform and help me with maintenance and modifications.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Nice. Congrats and welcome to the madness!

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! Most FJ owners love their unique rides and take great care of them. Looks like you found a good one and there is lots of information in the different sections. Explore get familiar with the site and use Google( its easier and quicker IMO) for searching. Whatever the topic is just add "fj" to the search and it should pull up a thread from this forum

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,170 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Welcome aboard from Memphis, TN !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome here guys! We've been enjoying the hell out of our little FJ and we'll be modding it soon...

As part of our negotiation from the dealership, they offered to throw in steps or rock rails, the OEM Toyota rock rails are no longer being stocked so we ended up getting the Predator steps, pictures will be added when the wife gets home!

Also, if someone can point me in the direction of where I could purchase the OEM Toyota rubber floor mats, I'd greatly appreciate it. Our FJ came with a missing driver's side mat and rear passenger side mat and the dealership gave us new carpeted mats. Thanks again!

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Welcome, enjoy.

As far as modding goes, how much money you got? No matter, say good bye to it!

Just kidding. Start looking at builds and different set ups, you will get ideas and then go from there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts