Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Oregon. I've been following topics on the forum for quite some time but this is my first post and I wanted to intorduce my self. My name is Tim or Sergeant Savage. I've owned a 2007 FJC for about 3 years now and I was lucky to have purchased it with only 4000 miles on it. Since then I've installed a light bar with 5 kc lights, a custom fabricated winch bumper and Rock Sliders from Revenge Fabrication. I bought a Smittybuilt xrc10 winch and I've mounted an axe/shovel and a 60" Hi lift Jack. I just installed a cb with a 4' Firestik II Antenna with Bandi mount. I'll post a pic as soon as I research how to do that.

I'm currently working on blacking out the grey parts and wheels. In the near future i'm looking to add BFG km2 Mud Terrain's and a Jerry can holder. As I get the money i'll continue satisfying this never ending mod fever I have and hope to meet other FJ owners near me and from all over too.

I also want to say that the first post that drew my attention to the forum was from Shadow Warrior - His Raptor Build Thread. I am saddened to hear of his passing but was very inspired by what he built.

Happy Cruising:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,936 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you every one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, Tim! I hope to see you on the trails around Browns Camp.

If you haven't already, you might check out the NWFJCC subforum.

-- Paul
I've heard about Browns Camp but never been there. Where is it? I'll google it too but what can you tell me about it?

Thx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aloha from Cali Tim! I would love to see more pics of your rig.
Absolutely on my list of things to do tomorrow. Stay tuned.
-
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome Tim!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome from another Oregon FJ'er.

Brown's Camp (fondly referred to as BC) is an awesome portion of the Tillamook State Forest set-up for Off-roading of all types (off Hwy 6 on the way to Tillamook). Many many trails. Lots of mud but if you're concerned about paint scratches (pin striping) you might wanna go elsewhere.

Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Brown's Camp (fondly referred to as BC) is an awesome portion of the Tillamook State Forest set-up for Off-roading of all types. Many many trails. Lots of mud but if you're concerned about paint scratches you might wanna go elsewhere.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Brown's Camp (fondly referred to as BC) is an awesome portion of the Tillamook State Forest set-up for Off-roading of all types. Many many trails. Lots of mud but if you're concerned about paint scratches you might wanna go elsewhere.

BC sounds great and it's only about an hr and a half from my place. I looked up their site and some you tube video's. I can't wait.

Paint scratches......Shooooot, I waived by by to that worry a long time ago.

But how does a guy learn how to drive once he's there? I'm interested in learning solid techniques.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome! What part of Oregon are you in? Hope to see u on the trails!

I'm trying to go down to BC on the 17th for some easy wheeling...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve - I'm from Salem, You?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait, I see Portland in your Profile.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Steve - I'm from Salem, You?
Nice, I lived in Salem for a bit! I'm actually in Beaverton now, I've got BC practically in my backyard. You'll have to experience it. I use my rig as a DD, so I take the easy stuff as of now.

Nice looking truck you have there!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice, I lived in Salem for a bit! I'm actually in Beaverton now, I've got BC practically in my backyard. You'll have to experience it. I use my rig as a DD, so I take the easy stuff as of now.

Nice looking truck you have there!
Thanks, we'll have to meet up and show me around the trails. I've got some maintenance to do today and i'll take some for pics of different angles.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am in Eugene. I wheel whenever I can. Please PM me when you plan to head to BC. I will try and meet up.

Brandon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts