Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum, sporting a 2011 NSSE--With Pics

So I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for awhile now but never registered or posted. I have a 2011 NSSE FJ purchased back on March 18th, 2011. Due to the earthquake and the fact that I got mine a little earlier then I was supposed to I had a few things missing and as I found out today I have a wrong color bumper. Everything else is great though. Now for the pics

Here you notice the issue, the idiots at the port gave me a partial sivler bumber. It took me 2 months to notice:lol: oh well I am getting the right part.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those pics were taken in March. The missing parts were the rear tire cover and the small hub cabs for the steel wheels which I have recieved both now.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Thats not a Trail Teams thats an NSSE. I hope the dealer didn't charge you for a trail teams..

·
Registered
458 Posts
If I recall there was someone that posted a while back that they were sold one of those as a Trail Team edition. I wonder what ever became of that.

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Thats not a Trail Teams thats an NSSE. I hope the dealer didn't charge you for a trail teams..
Exactly... :flame: I'd do some reading on this forum about the NSSE and storm back to the dealer for some serious words if they sold you this as a TrailTeams edition.

Nice rig nonetheless... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the ride and Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
2011 TT... I hope you didn't pay for a 2011 TT!

uhhhhh....

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
i've forgotten most of the differences between a TT and an NSSE, but if the people on here say you don't have a TT, then you don't have a TT (you'll find the people here kinda sorta know what they're talking about regarding FJ's)...and even i know where to look for the TT badge and can see there ain't one on your truck...so i too hope you either paid for an NSSE or can get yourself some serious compensatory perkage from your dealership.

either way, it is most definitely a very beautiful new FJ Cruiser, so congratulations and welcome to the forums! you're really glad you found this site. it's indispensable.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
West Coast welcome!!!!
dig the green and black!!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually worked at the dealership I purchased this from. I just assumed it was a dulled down version of the trail teams, which in a way it is. LOL I wondered why I didn't have the badging! Well I stand corrected. Honestly, no big deal to me that it is not the TT. This one was truly perfect for me. I wanted steel wheels because I will put my own on there. I did not want dealer installed billstein shocks because I will put my own shocks on it. The SE package comes with the rear locker and the upgraded radio. I fell in love with Army Green the first day I saw it and when I saw that the SE aka Trail Teams was all Army Green this year, I purchased it on the spot. Since I worked at this dealership I got it for one hell of a price. 100 over true dealer cost. I sold for 3 years so I know that is truly what I got!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I actually worked at the dealership I purchased this from. I just assumed it was a dulled down version of the trail teams, which in a way it is. LOL I wondered why I didn't have the badging! Well I stand corrected. Honestly, no big deal to me that it is not the TT. This one was truly perfect for me. I wanted steel wheels because I will put my own on there. I did not want dealer installed billstein shocks because I will put my own shocks on it. The SE package comes with the rear locker and the upgraded radio. I fell in love with Army Green the first day I saw it and when I saw that the SE aka Trail Teams was all Army Green this year, I purchased it on the spot. Since I worked at this dealership I got it for one hell of a price. 100 over true dealer cost. I sold for 3 years so I know that is truly what I got!
Right on. Your rig is very nice, but yeah it isn't a Trail Teams. In short, they were going to make them trail teams, but there was some manufacturing mistakes and it was easier to just create a package number three, than to fix the mistake. Thus far, there is no 2011 Trail Teams. And many suspect, due to the tsunami/earthquake damage there wont be a TT this year. Which makes yours all that more rare and unique. Enjoy. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I don't care what you call it! I like it. Hello and welcome. So what is the first thing that your going to do to that bad boy? Excluding the rear bumper trim and certer cap for the spare.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't care what you call it! I like it. Hello and welcome. So what is the first thing that your going to do to that bad boy? Excluding the rear bumper trim and certer cap for the spare.
Rock rails and skid plates

1 - 20 of 23 Posts