Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a long story I'll try to make short....

I got a tow hitch, in the box, with my new NSSE. The bumper valance was silver, and so I took it to a paint shop to have it painted black. I just didn't trust myself to do a good, long lasting job, especially since there is some flex in the valance.

The paint shop the subsequently lost the valance!!! Thats the bad news.

The good news is that they made it right by ordering a new valance. However, these valances are not sold seperately, so they had to buy the entire hitch assembly just to get a valance.

The bottom line is now there is a paint shop that owns a hitch assembly and they don't know what to do with it. This paint shop is a huge commercial operation (which is why the original part got lost) and if somebody calls them and makes a reasonable offer (maybe $150 or so) I am sure they'll be happy to sell it. My only motivation for posting this here is to help a fellow FJ'r get a good deal.

Here is their contact information

IRA Collision
105 Andover Street
Danvers, MA 01923-1414
(978) 605-2110

Ask for Jason.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Is that the OEM hitch and all the electrical goodies?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the OEM hitch and all the electrical goodies?
It is an OEM hitch. I honestly don't know if it has the electronics, you'll have to call and check. I can't recall if the electronics comes with the assembly or not....I know for a fact it is in a different box, so my guess is that it IS seperate and is therefore not part of what this guy has. Again, call them to be sure and maybe post back here.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just sent them an email, so "I call dibs"? hahahaha let see how much they want for it but $150 is no where near a real option, a new one with valance is $152 from trdsparks how's a forum spomsor

·
Registered
886 Posts
They do sell the black TT rear valance with tow hitch cut out separately. Pt228-35110-hc is the part number. 64.79 plus S&H from trdsparks.com. They said none in stock but it could take weeks or months to get. So you don't have to buy the whole assembly. If that helps. Got all my TT stuff from them, so just may order this too.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Or you could just rattle can the sliver one black.

nono, way to call dibs! Let me know if they cut you a deal!

·
Registered
947 Posts
$150 be a good price with electronics. Otherwise, under $100 shipped (its just 1 piece of metal and 4 bolts now that the valence is spoken for!)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just sent them an email, so "I call dibs"? hahahaha let see how much they want for it but $150 is no where near a real option, a new one with valance is $152 from trdsparks how's a forum spomsor
Should have mentioned this before, but this paint shop "IRA Collision" is affiliated with "IRA Toyota" and so they probably got these parts at cost. Just a thought..

·
Registered
190 Posts
The shop responded once with out pricing asked them again in a second email stating that I was interested and nothing

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shop responded once with out pricing asked them again in a second email stating that I was interested and nothing
Sounds like the kind of place that would lose a part you drop off for painting. HEY WAIT -- they did! :jester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts