Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just orderd my cat back system, and custome tuned unichip! now, all i have to do is wait! this is the worst part of any "orderd" mod! o well, would love to know what to expect..any words of wisdom, more then welcome

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can order a custom tuned unichip. You can order it from the company with maps for a CAI and Cat-back system, but custom tuning requires the tuner to actually have the truck on a dynamometer so he/she can dial everything in including other mods (headers, supercharger, etc.) They usually need the car for at least a few hours to do a custom tune. Custom tuning is expensive too. It cost me around 500 or 600 bucks. I'm glad I did it though. My tuner got an extra 15 HP at the wheels from the tune.

Have fun with it! Even without the custom tune it is a sweet mod.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure,,you may be right...when i orderd, i gave them all the mods that i had done, added,tweeked, pulled, turned, you name it..the final cost for the chip, and tuning, was just under 1300..

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
No guys, He misunderstood the map for a tune. Also the price he quoted was for TWO unichips. They accidently charged him for two. Not sure if he is planning to get a custom tune, but Chips do not come custom tuned from the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts