Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a long time and looking for exactly the ride I wanted. Finally found it in the 2008 Trail Teams edition. I love the color and it came equipped exactly how I wanted. Cars Direct was a big help in finding it and getting a good price. After a week I just love it. I knew more about the car than the salesperson but I had never driven one. It rides better than I expected. My only complaint would be that the steering is a bit too light for my taste and the shifter throws a little too long. TRD short shifter will be added soon to take care of that. So far I've added a custom fit sun shade, shorter 13" rubber antenna, sport pedal pads, passenger arm rest, and a Saris Bat 2 bike rack. The information I've found on this site has been very valuable. I'm looking forward to many enjoyable miles in this great truck.

Pictures of my FJ are on Flickr:
Flickr: Johnycque's Photostream

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Welcome fellow TT owner! I too lurked for some time before making the plunge. Glad I did, and you will be too. This place is incredible!

Enjoy the FJ and get yourself some bulletproof glass and body armor if you live in NYC. Those bastards are crazy! :lol:

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow where do you live? NYC is one of the safest cities in the USA now. It's not like in the movie Deathwish anymore hehe. In any case I live in the suburbs. I would never own a car in Manhattan.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Wow where do you live?
Heh, I was referring to Manhattan primarily, so if you're in a suburb, that's probably not as bad. I have been to NYC on business many times and I am always amazed at how insane and rude the drivers are. I live in a Milwaukee suburb and I can assure you that Milwaukee is not much better. The only difference really is that our females are fatter. :lol:

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Welcome, one more TT added to the tribe. The more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Congrats on the TT!!!:cheers:

Welcome to the forum!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Heh, I was referring to Manhattan primarily, so if you're in a suburb, that's probably not as bad. I have been to NYC on business many times and I am always amazed at how insane and rude the drivers are. I live in a Milwaukee suburb and I can assure you that Milwaukee is not much better. The only difference really is that our females are fatter. :lol:

Howls,
FJ Wolf
You ain't driven in NYC until you've driven down B'way at Times Square in a ragtop MGB going 50 mph between 2 yellow cabs trying to get into the center lane that you're in! You should've seen the cabbie's faces - priceless! :rocker:

Oooooops, congrats on the new FJ! :cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome! it looks like you've been lurking for quite time 5000+but thats ok you finally took the plunge. hope you enjoy your fjttse as much as i do,enjoy and happy trails.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome. You are going to love your new TT.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Congrats on the rig. I'm glad to read that you got everything you wanted. But if the Mod bug bites be careful it is addictive.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got the passenger armrest and pedal covers today. The armrest was a breeze to install. The pedal covers were a ***** but I got them on and they look very nice. My wife loves the armrest.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You ain't driven in NYC until you've driven down B'way at Times Square in a ragtop MGB going 50 mph between 2 yellow cabs trying to get into the center lane that you're in! You should've seen the cabbie's faces - priceless! :rocker:

Oooooops, congrats on the new FJ! :cheers:

Mike
Manhattan driving is a sport. It looks crazy until you drive in Europe. I always feel like it's some sort of triumph just to get out of the city. Sometimes with the traffic it feels like you will be there forever and I think that explains why people drive the way they do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.