Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These were designed with simplicity in mind. They will be finished in texture coat to match the interior of the FJ Cruiser. They will allow a 6.5" Coaxial speakers, sorry No separates at this time. You really do not need it in the rear locations. If you want a Hi-End speaker there are plenty of choices that offer separate crossovers for your point source mounting.

I recommend the JL Audio XR or C5 Line for Hi-End Coaxials. There are plenty of others.

You can even do an inexpensive Coaxial and these will still make a Night and Day difference in the FJ Cabin sound.

THEY CAN BE ORDERED HERE Wicked C.A.S. :: Magic Boxes :: Toyota :: Toyota - FJ Cruiser Rear PODS. Speaker Pods / Panels

You can see more pictures in the web site NEW FJ PODS V2

·
Registered
58 Posts
How do these mount?

Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Easiest way to mount it would be using the same screw holes the speaker would mount and just go throuhgh the plastic panel.

Harder way, take the panel out of the FJ. Screw the pods from he back and screw the speakers in. When using this method you waant to use short screws so you don't go damaging the pods.

Both ways will work. Safer way would be the easy way.

Yes we can cut them for 5 1/4" speakers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How thick are they? I'm wondering what depth of speakers they will allow for. Or would you need to cut the car panel to make room for the speakers?

I may be interested in these once I recover from the Christmas spending spree.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you have to touch the OEM panel? I am a bit confused...

·
Registered
498 Posts
For the back of the speaker to go through....right?

·
Registered
261 Posts
How thick are they? I'm wondering what depth of speakers they will allow for. Or would you need to cut the car panel to make room for the speakers?

I may be interested in these once I recover from the Christmas spending spree.
I also would like to know how thick they are? Can they be ordered without a finish to save money? Also what will be the Forum price?

Thanks-

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also would like to know how thick they are? Can they be ordered without a finish to save money? Also what will be the Forum price?

Thanks-

They are 3/4" thick, But edges are formed to fit perfect with the FJ Panels.

We would rather sell them finished. which will match the FJ Panels.

If you want them infinished it will save you only $10, not worth it.

You can also order them painted, please call us witrh your paint code and estimate.

Forum price will be determined on how many people want to do a buy in.

If I have 10 people order them I can do $99.95 Shipped (Free shipping)
If I have 20 People order $89.95 Shipped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Obviously this depends alot on the size of the speaker covers/grills that you use, but in general will these allow you to fold down the rear seats or will the speakers/grill stick out too much for them to fold down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nazar, I'd like to odrer a set before the 31st, but before I order, what is the hole I.D? Can it be cut to order?

thanks-

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just ordered a pair, How do you run the wire from the speaker to the head unit? Is there a wire already run for the rear pillar that I could use?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just ordered a pair, How do you run the wire from the speaker to the head unit? Is there a wire already run for the rear pillar that I could use?
You use the wires foing to the existing rears, you will need to re-route them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts