Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the new permanent wheels on.

I'm very happy with them!!

I know, I gotta get that blue crap off there. I'll get some better picts of the fitment and everything later.

Enkei RT6 wheels in 18x8.5 with Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires in 275/65R18.

- Patrick

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
While i am not usually a fan of rims over 17inches on a 4x4, i like these. Rig looks great. What kind of brakes and rotors are those? How much better does it stop?

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
While i am not usually a fan of rims over 17inches on a 4x4, i like these. Rig looks great. What kind of brakes and rotors are those? How much better does it stop?
I agree wth layon, the rig looks nice and the yellow looks nice with snow :) can you tell us more about the brakes?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What the heck?! Not too long ago your rig was all stock and wimpy...now look at it! :) I like those wheels...they look great showing off those brakes. Slightly gnarlier tires would be cool though. BFG Muds maybe...

Very cool lookin' rig.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't want to go bigger than 17", but was forced to because of the brakes which are prototypes for SEMA. The brake manufacturer is Rotora. They normally make performance big brake kits for sports cars but they also do some SUVs and this is their only kit for the FJ at the moment. They are 6-piston front and 4-piston rear with giant rotors :lol: I think 355mm for the front and 335mm for the rear rotors. Braking feel is much improved, no more mushyness, but with the big front bumper it dives a lot now. I'm gonna tune it out with a bit of suspension work (TRD shocks, etc.) so we'll see how that does, but otherwise they're great.

I'm really happy with those wheels. They are a +0 offset so they actually are a tiny bit outside of the fenders, it gives it a very nice aggressive look. Plus the really deep dish of the wheel will mean only superficial damage to the spokes on the rocks. They do make those wheels in a 17" as well.

- Patrick

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What the heck?! Not too long ago your rig was all stock and wimpy...now look at it! :) I like those wheels...they look great showing off those brakes. Slightly gnarlier tires would be cool though. BFG Muds maybe...

Very cool lookin' rig.
The tires were given to me by Yokohama so I was stuck with whatever would fit on an 18" wheel :lol:. I really wish they made the Geolandar M/T+ in an 18" size.

- Patrick

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Finally got the new permanent wheels on.

I'm very happy with them!!

I know, I gotta get that blue crap off there. I'll get some better picts of the fitment and everything later.

Enkei RT6 wheels in 18x8.5 with Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires in 275/65R18.

- Patrick
I LIKE !... Congrats Pat' !... :bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts