Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Actually came through twice. I bought a gas tank for a KTM 690 from a guy in Des Moines. Then in August I came through on a Honda CTX 1300, on my way to ride around Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. Followed the Lewis & Clark trail across MT. Great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually came through twice. I bought a gas tank for a KTM 690 from a guy in Des Moines. Then in August I came through on a Honda CTX 1300, on my way to ride around Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. Followed the Lewis & Clark trail across MT. Great trip.

WOW! Yes that sounds like a great trip!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the XLTs come in a 285/70R 17. Vs the 265/70R 17s that are stock. They are pretty pricey compared to the regular Discoverer AT3s. They seem like a lot more tire though. I’ll know pretty soon if they rub, as I’m having a set put on today. I put 5100s all around last summer. I realize they don't help much with a rubbing issue, but I’m hoping to avoid doing a BMC if I can.
I’m coming from geolander ATs that have 70,000 miles on them. I’ve been getting 20 mpg with the geolanders, I’m hoping the 10 plys, and larger tires don’t hammer the MPGs too bad. Got a trip planned in a few months, I’ll be pulling a small trailer. Didn’t want to do it on the fairly worn geolanders.

Just a follow up note to the new Discoverer XLTs. They did impact my MPGs. I went from routinely getting 20 mpg, to now getting 18.5 mpg. The only change I made was the tires. It has no effect on the accuracy of the speedometer. I’ve checked it with my garmin gps. Also, the XLTs are starting to wine a little bit. Have 2,000 miles on them now, and I’m definitely hearing them more now than when they were new. Not too bad, if the radio is on you don’t hear them at all. I’m still liking them. The ride is nice, and they handled the easy wheeling we did in the Smoky Mountains without a problem.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts