Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from South Carolina. I'm currently getting ready to purchase a new vehicle and the FJ is the strongest competitor of my choices. I was sold on the FJ until someone told me that the interior plastic is "junk". Can anyone chime in on this?

Has anyone had bad issues with the plastic? Can it be replaced? Can you spray some sort of protector on it (no line-x). Something that is clear? Its not a deal breaker but I just want to make sure it won't cause problems.

I test drove my first FJ a couple days ago and it was really nice to drive. I'm 6'3" and 250, wide shoulders and it was fairly roomy, even getting in the back with the seat back. Any way I look forward to learning more from this forum and seeing all of your adventures and mods.

Cheers,

Way

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the group.:clap:

The plastic interior will scratch but if one is careful it is not a problem.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
The interior is not a problem. I am 6'4" and 220lbs (ding!) and love the room in the FJ. All vehicle interiors are plastic nowadays. I have never had a problem with anything in my interior and it's been just over 2 years....

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
The interior is not a problem. I am 6'4" and 220lbs (ding!) and love the room in the FJ. All vehicle interiors are plastic nowadays. I have never had a problem with anything in my interior and it's been just over 2 years....
I agree with BlackIceBob. He is 220lbs. :lol:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Banned
7,381 Posts
The interior will scratch but hey its a utility vehicle. It is by far the best interior Ive had in the forest, beach, snow, rain, dirt. All of the pine needles, sand, water and gunk can be easily vacuumed, and wiped down with a damp cloth to get it all cleaned up. Try doing that with carpet. Also if you put dogs in it it is very easy to clean up the dog hair.
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm not sure when this changed but they don't make interiors like they used to... Don't get me wrong I love my FJ but when I think back to my old 98' Honda Civic that I drove for years and years, I can't recall a single solitary scratch anywhere on the interior. (And I beat the $hit out of that thing) I wish they made the FJ interior of that material but even though it scratches (easily) the rest of the truck is still pretty great... I would buy again even with the interior and the paint the chips off when you blow on it.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Howdy! Interior seems to be doing fine. Like mentioned above, no one really makes a scratch free interior anymore.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... the plastic interior makes this the easiest rig I've had to keep clean... After wheeling it hard and having it filled with trail dust, mud, and muck... it all just wipes up with a little Armor All and it looks brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts