Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got a set of PIAA 520XT's for Xmas & I want to use the OEM switch to keep it as factory looking as possible & after reading thread after thread on this I'm pretty sure what parts I need but the one thing I'm stuck on is which one of these two mod kits do I need? Also I'm a little confused as to what I need to do so they'll still work when my hi-beams aren't on. Any help or advice is much appreciated!

This one?.... FOG LIGHT SWITCH / HARNESS PT297-35070-SH-AS

or this one?.... FJ Cruiser fog light switch conversion FJ-FOGSW

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
Both will work. However, I would use (and did use) the first switch and harness. It has a light on the switch when activated...and is the actual FJ Cruiser OEM switch that comes on the FJ with OEM installed lights.

Check this thread for all questions. I just talked a few people through this install that I did with PIAA fog lights. All OEM wiring, switch diagrams, and fusing are linked and outlined in this thread. Very good graphic wiring layouts in the last few posts.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/119746-fog-light-installation.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both will work. However, I would use (and did use) the first switch and harness. It has a light on the switch when activated...and is the actual FJ Cruiser OEM switch that comes on the FJ with OEM installed lights.

Check this thread for all questions. I just talked a few people through this install that I did with PIAA fog lights. All OEM wiring, switch diagrams, and fusing are linked and outlined in this thread. Very good graphic wiring layouts in the last few posts.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/119746-fog-light-installation.html
Much appreciated :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I bet you already have a keyboard shortcut for replying to these questions Ruebarb :lol:
Actually that would be a great idea, but I can't program macros on my work keyboard.

I could at home though :thinkerg:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts