Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase from private seller. 2010 TTSE 60k miles, clean carfax $25k. These things (all years TT) are flying off the web. I’m not dying to purchase ASAP, but jonesing bad to own my first FJ. Still haven’t ruled out base models, but here’s some undercarriage pics, if you see anything, please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I actually found that same FJ I Think (its in Sequim, Wa right?). I posted about the rust on Reddit and folks suggested the rust was significant and I should definitely take it to a mechanic to check it out before buying. My wife doesnt like that color so I'm looking for a white but love those 2010 TT models!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found that same FJ I Think (its in Sequim, Wa right?). I posted about the rust on Reddit and folks suggested the rust was significant and I should definitely take it to a mechanic to check it out before buying. My wife doesnt like that color so I'm looking for a white but love those 2010 TT models!
That is the same one. I talked to the seller on the phone. His wife drove it, it’s not mint condition by any means, but he’ll tell you all about where its been(Texas too). It is all the way up there, I was mostly interested in it so I could go on a sweet trip to the northwest. Ended up in Milwaukee buying one instead

·
Registered
542 Posts
I got mine with about 82k miles a month or two ago for 22.5k before taxes and fees. It did have minor dings and scratches but it seems like all mechanicals were well taken care of as I flew to Missouri, and drove it back to NYC where I live.

I would check out these links as well. I didn’t as the Toyota dealership sales person did all I asked for and I didn’t want to break my word on my end.

http://www.countrydiesels.com/detail-2010-toyota-fj_cruiser-trail_teams_edition-used-16068943.html

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-d826?sourceContext=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsfnk-Pyj3gIVSadpCh3JOgY_EAEYASABEgJiYfD_BwE#listing=215049853

You may end up getting a better deal than I did as mine was advertised for 24k and I got it down to 22.5. Good luck hunting.

Forgot to mention one thing.

When you test drive it, make sure to rev it hard as I almost bought 2013 TT for 28k in NJ that seemed to drive fine until I revved it hard making weird whining noise from center console.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I got mine with about 82k miles a month or two ago for 22.5k before taxes and fees. It did have minor dings and scratches but it seems like all mechanicals were well taken care of as I flew to Missouri, and drove it back to NYC where I live.

I would check out these links as well. I didn’t as the Toyota dealership sales person did all I asked for and I didn’t want to break my word on my end.

2010 Used Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition at Country Diesels Serving Warrenton, VA, IID 16068943

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-d826?sourceContext=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsfnk-Pyj3gIVSadpCh3JOgY_EAEYASABEgJiYfD_BwE#listing=215049853

You may end up getting a better deal than I did as mine was advertised for 24k and I got it down to 22.5. Good luck hunting.

When you test drive it, make sure to rev it hard as I almost bought 2013 TT for 28k in NJ that seemed to drive fine until I revved it hard making weird whining noise from center console.
Nate bought himself a 2012 Red Trail Teams already.

·
Registered
542 Posts

2010 Used Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition at Country Diesels Serving Warrenton, VA, IID 16068943

Nate bought himself a 2012 Red Trail Teams already.

Ah I see. Flashy!! Thanks for the update!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts